cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic detrermination of Excise conditions - TAXINN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,,

I have a rrequirement where i need to do Automatic deterrmination of Excise conditions...(TAXINN)..The problem is sometimes the Customer produces CT1 form where he is exempted from Excise....I just eant to do this in the same way where I ahve determined for VAT and CST...

Can you pl guide me reg this....

I will brief you what I have done...In order to Determine VAT and CST ...(TAXINN)

Step1 .FTXP: Defined tax codes

Z1 - CST output Tax

Z2 - VAT out put Tax

Step 2. OVK1:Defined Tax categories as below:

CNTRY SEQ TAX CATEGORY

IN India 1 ZVAT

IN India 2 ZCST

Step 3.OVK3: Defined Customer Tax Classification

ZCST IN A/R CST % 0 Tax exempt Form H

ZCST IN A/R CST % 1 2% CST Form C

ZCST IN A/R CST % 2 12.5 CST

ZVAT IN A/R VAT % 0 Tax exempt Form H

ZVAT IN A/R VAT % 3 12.5% VAT

Step 4:OVK4: Defined Material Tax Classification

ZCST IN A/R CST % 0 Tax exempt

ZCST IN A/R CST % 1 Full tax

ZCST IN A/R CST % 2 4 % CST

ZVAT IN A/R VAT % 0 Tax exempt

ZVAT IN A/R VAT % 1 Full tax

ZVAT IN A/R VAT % 2 4 % VAT

Step 5. Condition Type ZVAT and ZCST is maintained in the pricing procedure with Access sequence - fields(Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl1Cust/TaxCl.Mat) for both ZVAT and ZCST ...and maintained condition records for the same.

This is how I went on with determining VAT and CST....

Thanks

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sasi

On earlier threads, I have been asking you not to maintain in FTXP, if you are in TAXINN. You should maintain in [VK19] only where you [input TX in Application] and the respective tax condition types.

FTXP is applicable only in case of TAXINJ.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi[pathi/Murali,

In VK19 I have input TX in Application and entered my Tax conidtion type - ZBED ...it triggers Condition type is not defined.

Further to that once you enter into VK19...there is Sales Tax code and Tax code assigned....The system is not identifying the condition types ...Do i need to maintain the condition types which I am using in ZINFAC anywhere else...

Answering to Murali,

The thing is sometimes the same customer submits FOrm CT1 when he is buying the material for Exports...in this case he is exempted from Excise..it is independent to region

My second question is say I have defined two categories ZVAT and ZCST ...so the selection of fields should be same for both ZVAT and ZCST or it should be lioke below:

ZVAT - Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl1Cust/TaxCl.Mat

ZCST - Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl2Cust/TaxCl.Mat ????

Thanks

Sasi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

1.The thing is sometimes the same customer submits FOrm CT1 when he is buying the material for Exports...in this case he is exempted from Excise..it is independent to region

Try with this

You create different sales document type to sale the material who are ordering for export.

You add document type in your condition table.

You define tax code for that

You define defferent customer Taxclasification in OVK3

Maintain two tax classification in the customer master

Create condition record with the one of the key combination sales document type.

Now if you create sales order with that document type system will take condition record accordingly.

2.My second question is say I have defined two categories ZVAT and ZCST ...so the selection of fields should be same for both ZVAT and ZCST or it should be lioke below:

If you are using TAXINN you need to have condition records for condition type wise

If you are using TAXINJ only UTXJ will have the access sequence no need for other condition types.

This will be based on the business process it may be same or different.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Jul 5, 2008 8:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

.2.My second question is say I have defined two categories ZVAT and ZCST ...so the selection of fields should be same for both ZVAT and ZCST or it should be lioke below:

We are using TAXINN...soI will maintain the condition records ...

But my question is for ZCST do i need to make use of the field TaxCl1Cust and ZVAT -TaxCl2Cus and so on ...like if i define 5 tax categores i should be using TaxCl3Cus ,TaxCl4Cus and so on or is it like where i ca nuse TaxCl1Cus for all the tax categories ?

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me on this?...Its urgent

Thanks

Sasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sasi,

In addition to your thoughts

Please maintain the Tax code for all % of taxes in FTXP you mentioned only two

Z1 - CST output Tax

Z2 - VAT out put Tax this will not help you,

You need to maintain based on the % of the TAX like

-->CST % 0 Tax exempt Form H

-->CST % 1 2% CST Form C

-->CST % 2 12.5 CST

-->VAT % 0 Tax exempt Form H

-->VAT % 3 12.5% VAT

Maintain the proper customer tax classification and material tax classification the respective masters.

Maintain the condition record for that tax condition types as per the key combination Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl1Cust/TaxCl.Mat in VK11

The problem is sometimes the Customer produces CT1 form where he is exempted from Excise

Iam not crear on this you mean to say same customer which is belongs to same region will have exemption when he submits the CT1 form or Same customer from different region will get exemption.

If the region is different you maintain the condition record based on that region.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.