cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem following "ESS CookBook For JDI"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to modify ESS web Dynpro, so I followed instruction of "ESS CookBook for JDI". But when in import the ESS sca, it has been nearly 24 hours but the import is still running, while somebody says usually it will cost only seven hours.

I've checked some settings, Max Heap Size is 1GB, Max database connections is 50 and MaxRequestContentLength is 131072KB.

Do I need to ensure some database settings? If does, what are them and how? The WAS is running on a Linux OS and database is Oracle 9i.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Xiaoming Yang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

Can you please shed some light into which parameters and where did your WAS administrator change to resolve the problem. Any help regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a installation guide for JDI in the service market place in <i>service.sap.com/instguides</i>.

In this document they use template configuration tool to tweak the system settings to be suit the needs of JDI.

They have also provided some sample values for each DB. That should help you out !

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had similar problem where for days and weeks, the process was under running. It was resolved by our WAS administrator by increasing Java Virtual memory.If you look at extended trace files (log files), you should be able to see that it reaches maximum Virtual memory and restarts the process as no further memory was available.

Hope the above helps.

Raju