cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number in outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

One of our customer wanted serial number obligatory in OBD in the repair process.So we made it mandatory in serial number profile.Afterwards he posted some documents.But now he is not able to process those repair orders.He is trying to create OBD and after picking when he tries to post goods issue, system is giving the error as ECUS status is active.And serial number so and so can not be used here.

So again we changed serial number profile from mandatory to optional while doing PGI. still the system is giving the same error.We checked serial number against that material in IQ02. the status is Repaird. So we are not able to understand from where system is picking ecus status.

So now his all repair OBD transactions got stucked because of this.Please suggest a solution on highest priority.

He follows the process as given below.

repair order in VA01.

do inbound delivery where he has to put serial number which is mandatory here.

PGR.

after repair,

OBD

PGI.

Regrds,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Anand,

Normally when you maintain serial number, the status of the equipment becomes AVLB (available), as you said when you made the outbound delivery, the serial number status changed to ECUS (at customer site). Normally when you do a returns process, the same serial number has to be recived through a return delivery and repair it and do the outbound delivery. I think you had missed some steps in between.

I believe you can use one option in the change mode of serial number IQ02, from the second tab in top, you can see special serial number functions, maintian the manual serial number option (I am not infront of system now), then try to do the outbound. Otherwise you may need to chenge the serial number status in IQ02.

As the ECUS status is active, the system will not allow you to process other outbound delivery to the same serial number.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru,

I have understood what you have said but the problem is that any status that we enter the system is still throwing the same ecus status error i dont understand where it is picking this status from. the status in iq02 is repr. and the material is assigned to only one serial no. and 1 equipment no. I want to know where the system is picking this ecus status from.

Thanks.

Answers (0)