cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC SAPDB_DBM fails to execute sapdbmrfc: timeout durring allocate

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are building a copy of Production APO and Live Cache systems for special project. Prod environment consists of two servers, and so does the copied environment. APO and its Oracle DB start OK. LC, on separate server, also seems to start OK - we can connect via command line (dbmcli, and SAPDB Gui). However, APO cannot reach LC - source of failure seems to be SAPDB_DBM.

When I test the RFC SAPDB_DBM it fails with:

"ERROR timeout during allocate

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host apohost1 / sapgw30

DETAIL no connect of TP sapdbmrfc from apohost1 after 22 sec

COMPONENT SAP-Gateway

COUNTER 20

MODULE gwr3cpic.c

LINE 5778

RETURN CODE 242

SUBRC 0

RELEASE 46D

TIME Fri Dec 30 11:05:39 2005

VERSION 2"

We have APO 3.1 on Oracle 9i, and LC 7.4.2.

Thank you,

Drew Andreatta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

minerva_paredes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem, but my versions are SCM 5.00, HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64, ORACLE 10.2.0.2.0 and live cache 7.6.01.09, SAP Kernel 700 patch 95.

When starts Live cache it works well, but after some hours the Communication between SCM and Live cache is lost its sends the next error in LC10.

Name and Server : LCD - fedvap01

DBMRFC Function : DBM_CONNECT

Error : Communication Error

Error Message : Error when opening an RFC connection

and the test for RFC SAPDB_DBM

Cancel

timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' Timeout al intentar establecer

ERROR: timeout during allocate

DETAIL: no connect of TP sapdbmrfc from host fedvap01 after 20 sec

COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

COUNTER: 1965

MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

LINE: 5873

RETURN CODE: 242

SUBRC: 0

RELEASE: 700

TIME: Mon Apr 23 12:20:42 2007

VERSION: 2

For RFC SAPDB_DBM_DAEMON

Connection Error

Error when opening an RFC connection

ERROR: program dbmrfc@sapdb not registered

DETAIL: TP dbmrfc@sapdb not registered

COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

COUNTER: 1968

MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

LINE: 1694

RETURN CODE: 679

SUBRC: 0

RELEASE: 700

TIME: Mon Apr 23 12:21:06 2007

VERSION: 2

The comand dbmcli -s dbm_getpath IndepProgPath sends /sapdb/programs.

Please HELPME.

Minerva Paredes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minerva,

if I understand you right, after the server start the LC10, the connection to liveCache and tests in DB59 are funktioning well. The problems arise later. Are they disappearing after some times or you need to do some actions? If the second is true what do you doing in this case?

Did the network work fine to this time? Can you look in dev_* files which messages are logged before the time the connection went lost?

Do you already checked the SAP note 415376?

Kind regards,

Oksana Alekseious

minerva_paredes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

My network works fine, and the error occurs when I execute the transaction LC10

Step-by-step instructions:

1. Execute Transaction LC10

2. Chose Name of the database connection:LCA

3. Press the button LiveCache:Monitoring

4. After some minutes send the next error.

Name and Server : LCD - fedvap01

DBMRFC Function : DBM_CONNECT

Error : Communication Error

Error Message : Error when opening an RFC connection

I have the last version of kernel 700 level 95, and the note 415376 I already check.

and the log dev_rfc

• Trace file opened at 20070424 102304 CDT SAP-REL 700,0,3 RFC-VER 3 744570

======> Missing -a<Program ID>

• Trace file opened at 20070424 102313 CDT SAP-REL 700,0,3 RFC-VER 3 744570

======> CPIC-CALL: 'CMACCP'

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR no service name in argument list

TIME Tue Apr 24 10:23:13 2007

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT CPIC (TCP/IP) with Unicode

VERSION 3

RC 489

MODULE r3cpic.c

LINE 2203

COUNTER 1

• Trace file opened at 20070424 102635 CDT SAP-REL 700,0,3 RFC-VER 3 744570

======> Missing -a<Program ID>

dev_rfc: END

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minerva,

could you please check how many dbmsrv and dbmrfc processes exist to this time on the SCM server and write it to the message?

Can you run some dbmcli commands succesfully to this time? If not, could you please update your liveCache to the most actual version because there is a known bug corrected in the version 7.6.01 build 11.

Kind Regards,

Oksana Alekseious

minerva_paredes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

The dbmcli runs well in this thime.

The SCM system lost the enviroment variables, when I execute SM49 command ENV the system sends the PATH enviroment variable whitout /sapdb/programs/bin but in S.O. Level this variable has /sapdb/programs/bin.

After restart SCM whit command startsap r3 the system works well because in the transaction sm49 the enviroment variable PATH has /sapdb/programs/bin, but after some hours this enviroment variable is whitout /sapdb/programs/bin.

Can you helpme determine the reason of this behavior

Thanks in advance

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Paredes,

I saw that you already opened the OSS message 323378/2007 for the same question on queue BC-DB-LVC. Please correct me, if I'm wrong. As you are SAP customer, it's the correct way to handle your problem. We will be able to logon to your system via OSS & check the reason of this issue. I recommend to continue the discussion of the problem in OSS.

Some hints:

-> You wrote, that the command 'dbmcli -s dbm_getpath IndepProgPath' sends /sapdb/programs. Did you run this command as fdaadm < <APOSID>adm user > on application server at Unix level? Did you try to close your session as fdaadm & then login as fdaadm & check this command after that? May be the PATH environment variable was adjusted by /sapdb/programs/bin only in your current session for fdaadm user. The environment variables of the user fdaadm in your current session, when you run 'startsap r3', will be used on the system before the next restart. So if you would like to run the dbm command '-s dbm_getpath IndepProgPath' on your APO system please execute it in /nsm49 -> using dbmcli tool.

-> Did you check, that application server was restarted after you didn't

see the /sapdb/programs/bin for /ndb59 -> env -> PATH settings.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be more specific, the problem seems to lie with the sapdbmrfc file located in the APO kernel directory. When I attempt to execute this file at UNIX level the error is:

ERROR FOR CALL dbmcli dbm_getpath IndepProgPath (ERROR 0)

I believe if I can get the file to execute, this will resolve the problem.

Thank you,

Drew Andreatta

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Drew,

please take a look at note 415376, it might help you solve your issue. It's imoprtant to check whether the executable dbmrfc is in the right directory.

Please also let me know the results of the following commands (from the Unix level):

dbmcli dbm_getpath IndepProgPath

Normally that should point to something like:

/sapdb/programs

Please also tell me which Unix your system is using.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the SAPDB server, the command "dbmcli dbm_getpath IndepProgPath" returns /sapdb/programs as expected.

I had found OSS 415376, and confirmed that dbmrfc is in the correct directory on the SAPDB server.

On the Production APO server, the kernel file "sapdbmrfc" is executed and simply retuns with a command prompt. However, on the troubled system this file returns the below error:

"ERROR FOR CALL dbmcli dbm_getpath IndepProgPath (Error 0)"

I've confirmed that the apo sidadm users on both systems have environment variable PATH which contains an entry for /sapdb/programs/bin, though perhaps there is another critical value.

thank you.

Drew Andreatta

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

can you tell me if the executable sapdbmrfc resides in the exact same directories on both systems?

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sapdbmrfc file is only located under the kernel directory for SAP applications. Therefore, in our APO environment, where APO and Live Cache are on seperate servers, sapdbmrfc is only located on the APO server under /sapmnt/SID/exe. The file does not exist on the Live Cache server. This is the same arrangement in other environments in our landscape, which are running without problem.

To answer a previous question you posed, we are running HP-UX 11.11B on both servers.

Thank you,

Drew Andreatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that when the copy of prodution was built, one directory structure was missing. Apparently, for APO to connect to Live Cache the APO server must have the directory structure /var/spool/sql.

This seems strange to me as I've rarely seen SAP required files outside of /usr/sap, but this in fact was our solution.

Thank you,

Drew Andreatta

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Drew,

this directory (normally called '/usr/spool/sql') is indeed very important for a SAP DB or liveCache installation on Unix systems.

The file /usr/spool/sql/ini/SAP_DBTech.ini represents the SAP DB or liveCache Installation Registry.

If you're copying systems, this directory <b>must</b> be copied over aswell.

(From MaxDB or liveCache version 7.5 onwards, the new Registry is found in the file /etc/opt/sdb.]

Regards,

Roland

jose_hernandez5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Creating /var/spool/sql and these sub-directories fixed the program not registered error for me. Thank you. A note on the /usr/spool/sql comment - In AIX /usr/spool is a link to /var/spool.

/var/spool/sql

/var/spool/sql/config

/var/spool/sql/diag

/var/spool/sql/fifo

/var/spool/sql/ini

/var/spool/sql/ini/SAP_DBTech.ini

/var/spool/sql/ipc

$cat /var/spool/sql/ini/SAP_DBTech.ini

[Globals]

IndepData=/sapdb/data

IndepPrograms=/sapdb/programs

[Runtime]