cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

One of the documents generated by depreciation process does not have a cost center or internal order assigned.

Where in customizing is done this setting for a certain GL account used at depreciation?

thank you.

Daniel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Is the issue is related to Asset Depreciation.

If so , when there is a depreciation run , system generally picks the cost center maintained in the asset master data . This is the basic requirement for creation of GL document for posting.

Please assign points if helpful.

Thanks

Dasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dasa,

Yes that is correct. When the document for the depreciation for an asset is posted it takes without any problem the cost center from the asset masterdata, but when the income from subsidies posting related to the same asset is created, it does NOT take the cost center. Normally it should take the same cost center right?

A solution would be to assign to the cost element which is the income from subsidies account a cost center in CO- Cost Element masterdata.

But this is not correct because I would have all these incomes from subsidies related to all the assets on this one cost center. And this I don't want to happen.

In this case, what do you think would be the best solution to fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try default CC account assignment for each cost element/co code in OKB9.

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagdish,

The problem is that each asset has defined a certain CC. The depreciation goes correctly on that CC, but the income from subsidies, for example, goes NOT at all.

How can this be fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

You are right that the depreciation is automatically posted to the CC on the Asset master. I am not sure how and where you are trying to post the income from subsidies. Can you elaborate and also speicify the t-codes used.

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use also a depreciation area for subsidies.

When the system tries to book the depreciation for this area as income from subsidies ( subsidies PK 40 = income from subsidies PK 75) we get the error. The normal depreciation document it's ok and it contains the cost center from asset masterdata.

I am thinking maybe it's because of settings in depreciation run (tcode AO93 and AO90), but i am not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

You have to give out the settings you have in AO90 and AO93 and other settings you have for subsidies to understand your case better.

Thanks,

Jagdish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank very much all