cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Account determination for Tax?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my accounting document for the sales order I have a credit entry of Rs 680 against an account which is u2018Vat Payable Account-West Bengalu2019, it has the transaction key MW3 (Sales tax 3) associated to it in my pricing procedure.

But when I go to look for the same account determination I cannot find that account, In the CIN settings , Tax for goods movement > Maintain account settings, against the transaction key MW3 (Sales Tax 3) the account I find is the account for vendor (accounts payable) and not the customer i.e. accounts receivables.

The tax codes are all linked to this account, Am I looking at the correct setting, is that the correct transaction key (this is the one linked to the condition type JIVP A/R VAT Payable in the pricing procedure), the CIN settings are common for sales and purchases for taxes.

Please help.

Thanks

Rajiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Which you are mentioned that is correct area to check the Tax G/L accounts which was assigned to specific Tax code.

You mentioned that the G/L account wich was assigned for MW3 key is not correct.You check the tax codes details of that G/L account in FTXP transaction for those tax codes.

If it is A/P tax those tax codes will be belongs to purchase

If it is A/R tax those tax codes will be belongs to sales.

In purchasing tax type is Input tax

In sales tax type is Output tax

The CIN settings are common for sales and purchases for taxes

Not the same settings and different condition types

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajiv

Generally the account keys in the pricing procedure of a sales order hits the general ledger account directly.

Will you please check in VKOA T code?

I hope that account key you mentioned needs to be assigned to G/L here.

If any clarifications, please let me know

Reward if useful

Thanks & Regards

Saxena