cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger Sequence of processes in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I am trying to implement process sequencing with BPM.Its like i have to trigger a set of processes(say 1,2 &3 ) if certain flag in input msg is set.If the flag is not set then processes (1,2&4 ).

the procecess should occur in a sequence like ..if 1 is completed then it should send ackgmnt and start the 2nd process.

If any body has worked on similar scenario , please reply :).

Srinivas

Edited by: Srinivas Subramanyam Karnam on Jul 4, 2008 2:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev is pretty much on point with his proposal.

If you want to have sequencing of IP's the best is to have 1 IP that is the initial trigger and the depending on the logic and rule you execute the subsequent steps and or IP's.

You can use a switch step for such decisions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using switch control to check the condition (particular element(say JV) in the input msg is 0or 1 ) .But donno how to get ack and based on ack how to start other process.

Let me take an example to make things clear.

say 1st process is creation of batch No.

2nd -

do -

of sales order.

3rd -

do----

of STO.

4th -

do----

of SOD(SO dispatch).

If JV element in input msg is 1 ...flow should be like(1->2->4)

create BatchNo-> get ack->

if ack positive(:if ack Negative->end.)->create SO

->get ack->if ack positive(:if ack Negative->end.)->create SOD.End.

If JV =0 say...then similarly 1->2->3 end.

Not sure if i have to use while loop .. new to bpm :).Request to Reply with what controls to be used .

with due thanks srinivas.:)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I have never worked on a scenario but the process flow will be like this, use a switch step. It will create 2 branches. In the 1st branch use the steps 1,2,3 as send step for your process. In the 2nd branch use 1,2,4 as the send steps for your process. You can handle acknowledgement in the branch itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjeev.