cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in transporting dc from development to test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have released nine activities for Java dictionary tables dc seperately.

Then i have clubed rest of the Java dictionary dc activities into single request and then released.

In consolidation tab of CMS of transport studio, I selected all these release activities and imported into assembly tab. But, it failed showing that Assembly failed.

I went to the log and it was saying that DC is broken.

it means Dc cannot build by CBS properly.

What should be the reason behind this?

Application is working perfectly on Development environment.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Can you login to CBS and please check the reason for build failures.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

My dc is Java dictionary dc.

I have checked log in CBS. It is saying that my DC has one Unknown used dc which is tc/ddic/metamodel/content.

This dc i have added as used dc in my component. But, it can't find this dc at build time in CBS, although it was successfully activated on development server.

My application also working fine on development server. But, this problem comes when i am trying to move component form development to consolidation system.

Regards,

Bhavik

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I guess you didn´t import the three SCAs SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS and SAP-JEE into your cons system.

Are they still in the import queue?

If not have a look in the history of your cons system to check if they were imported.

If they were imported you should have a look at CBS. Are the three compartments for these SCAs filled with DCs in your cons buildspace?

If not reimport the SCAs with CMS.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

Yes I expalin you what happened actually.

We have imported those three SCAs in developement and then in consolidation system too. But, at that time we have checked the checkbox "Desable automatic deployment" in runtime systems tab for consolidation system. So, It didn't deployed automatically on consolidation system.

But, now we have changed it and unchecked the check box. Now, we have imported those three SCAs once again in development. They were successfully imported in developement system. But they are not showing in consolidation system as "waiting for Queue".

So, how can I import those in consolidation system?

I have tried importing those SCAs 3 to 4 times. But, same thing happens each time. It doesn't show those SCAs in consolidation as Waiting for import.

And because of this reason, our DC is failed in assembly.

So, how can we import those SCAs in consolidation system?

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Once you make any changes to the configuration of the track the system asks you to restore the System state.

So after restoring the development system state you have to restore the state of the Consolidation system.When restoring the state you will be asked to import the SCAs in the consolidation system.

The following link might help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/f2/7c04702864304bb38e0b1cd6667c2b/frameset.htm

This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perform a Restore System State in the Consolidation stage. CMS will then put the 3 base SC's back into the import queue, so you can reimport them.

Answers (0)