0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

I have the following business scenario:

- in general, forecast in weekly buckets

- for short term horizon (eg 2 weeks), manage forecast in daily buckets

I see a solution as follows:

- one planning area in weekly buckets, covering full history and future horizon

- second planning area in daily buckets for just a 2 week period

- each night, copy data from weekly area to daily area and use time based disagg to split data into daily buckets

- manage data in the daily planning area

- release data to SNP from the daily planning area for first 2 weeks, and from the weekly planning area beyond the 2 week horizon

Any comments on this approach?

Any alternative solutions?

Thanks for any feedback,

Bob Austin, Atos Origin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

i dont understand why you are talking abt different planning area .lets say if your storage bucket profile is weeks & days & planning bucket profile you can use periodicity of days for first 2 weeks & then weeks . Even if you run forecast in weekly bucket , system can do time based disaggregation in daily bucket also .

This can let you manage your forecast in daily buckets for 2 weeks and wekly buckets there on .please see following link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/17/a5214a32a111d398260000e8a49608/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was thinking about sizing implications. If one selects daily buckets, and horizon for history and future is 2 years, then there would be 365 * 4 buckets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

untill its really necessary to do so after sizing you shouldnt try to split the planning areas.

other than the number of buckets its the number of CVCs and the KF that matter

you an extend the planning area for just the KF you want to use in version 5.0

its possible you will have issues with consolidating the weeks to the days if you copy from one planning area to another ...so its good to have the second planning area a bit longer than what you need.....

and you can use the same MPOS for both planning areas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you planning in days just to Support for SNP forecast release?

Does SNP want you to plan in Days??

Is it a small set of materials you will be planning in Days or all the materials?

Because if you plan in days the Planning area Storage bucket profile needs to have days. and putting days in the storage bucket profile for such longer time period will consume more memory?

Did you do quick sizing? and how are the numbers?

My

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know if you can have 1 Planning Object strucure and two Planning areas. with same CVC structures. If you have tried let us know if it works well.

1)As Virendar suggested. We can possibly use Storage bucket profile in such a way that we will plan first 2 weeks in daily busket profile. and then in weekly bucket profile.

I never tried this kind of approach.

2) Another option is you plan in weekly buckets and for first two weeks you disaggregate the weekly figures into daily buckets.

3) Or you maintain another Planning book with only these two weeks of future data and perform forecasting for first two weeks in that Planning Books with only days (the plannign book has future time bucket profile of only 2 weeks.)

Let us know how they want to receive in SNP?? Do they plan SNP heuristics daily and in daily buckets?

Regards,

My

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

That approach works. You can also have two periodicities checked in the planning area. The first approach improves your performance as the same thing is not stored in two different buckets.If you need only part of the weekly data, there is no point in storing all the weekly data again in days in same planning area. How many CVCs do you have? how many products and locations are being planned? It is a good idea to do a quick sizer project and check the memory sizing in cases where you have separate planning areas for Weeks and days and one planning area with SBP having both weeks and days checked.