Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC System Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Senario is RFC to JDBC.

In ECC the created RFC Destination that points XI of type TCP/IP is working fine.

and in XI i ntegration Directory the RFC sender Adapter configured is Working fine.

The problem is when I execute RFC function Module In ECC SE37 It is asking RFC Target System parameter in addition to import patameters. Here if i give RFC Destination that i created in ECC sm59 it is throughing Error of type SYSTEM FAILURE .

If i Don't give any RFC target system then this RFC Function module is getting Executed as Normal Function module and giving output.

can anybody helpme out in this regards how this RFC Triggers and pass data to XI. and any extra settings needs to be done.?

Thanks in Advance,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi siva

The exception SYSTEM_FAILURE occurs if a runtime error arises during execution of the remotely-called function module.

So assign a return value to this exception for each RFC, and that you process these, otherwise a runtime error may occur in the exception.

reward points if helpfull

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

open you FM and goto attributes tab and see if the radio button remote-enabled module is selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I already Checked. It is Remote Enabled one.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all you don't have to give the rfc destination in SE37.

Secondly if you are thinking if you run your FM in Se 37 by giving the RFC destination and then your data will go to XI then i think you are doning wrong.

In that case you need to create a outbound proxy (report) and inside this proxy use the FM and passed the data to XI structure.

Let me know if I have not understood you correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sarvesh,

Thanks for your help.

What you understood is Exactly correct.

Here am not using Client proxy for getting data from ECC.

and already am configured RFC adapter in my scenario.

So can you please help me out how to Fetch data from ECC using RFC with out writing any outbound proxy.

and please feel free if u need inforamtion from my end.

Thanks in advance

Regards

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't want to use outbound proxy then go through this blog, it will solve your problem.

And if you wnat to use outbound proxy then go through this blog.

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Jul 4, 2008 6:22 PM