cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from R/3 to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our requirement is to transfer the data load in R/3 tables to MDM for data management etc..

Please suggest me about the ways to achieve this.

Please help its urgent!!

Brad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brad ,

To transfer the data from R/3 to MDM you can have a look at the following options:

MDMGX and MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

To have details about it have a look at the following links:

MDMGX is to extract the generic data.basically as provided by the SAP for Vendor ,Customer,Employee,Product and Material type of objects for other you have to customize and write function modules.

In MDM_CLNT_EXTR u can extract data of any type through idocs

Hope this may help you.

Ankit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I gt the basic but i want to know about the procedure for the mentioned methods (MDMGX) .Also if it uses XI??

I have read the links provided by Nitin if FTP can be cinfigured without XI????

Plz help

Thanks for replies

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data from R/3 to MDM comes in two ways:

1. Customize Data (Reference Data) for lookup tables like Countries, Currencies etc using Transaction MDMGX in this case there is no need of XI. Following Document gives you complete Detail about the settings required for Transaction MDMGX

Please refer the link on service Market Place as follows:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000394732006E/MDM554_GenericExtactor.pdf

2. Master Data: For this you have to use XI between R/3 to MDM. Either you can use Transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR (for Mass Extraction) or simply send by using (Basic or Extended) Idoc like MATMAS etc then using XI you can send data to MDM.

Also, you can use Proxy from where you can consolidate data from Different tables in R/3 like Mara etc as per your Requirement. On Executing Report Data from R/3 goes to MDM using XI.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards If Useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Braddy,

Our requirement is to transfer the data load in R/3 tables to MDM for data management etc..

Please suggest me about the ways to achieve this.

There can be 2 data loads into MDM from R3.

1) If you want to upload the Check tables from R3 into MDM look up tables, you can achieve this by using the transaction MDMGX.

Kindly do the configuration in MDMGX and then a file can be directly extracted in the Ready Folder of MDM. From there you can upload the Data into MDM tables.

2) For loading the main Table Data into MDM, kindly follow the link below, which will guide you to the config/prcoess that will be required for the data to be uploaded from R3 into MDM.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4781] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

For the process of Data from MDM back to R3, kindly refer this link below:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4363] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

For general info about this scenario, kindly refer this link below:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9262] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

I hope this helps you.

*Please reward points if helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

The links u have provided are using XI but we are not using that

If there is other way around.

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do an ABAP program that transfer your data to a plain text file (.txt), then import that file to Access (.mbd) and load the information to the MDM repository via MDM Import Manager.

That for the Initial Load, if you want to automatize the process, I sugest IDOCs and MDM ports, but you would need XI or some way to transfer the files to the MDM port.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You can use MDMGX, MDMGXC0, MDMGXC1, MDMGXC2 Or MDM_CLNT_EXTR transactions for this purpose.

I can provide you with the reference guides for same if you do not have.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If these things are related to MDM specific as when we are using the transactions given we are not getting any thing ...

Also please explain how to use the transactions and what are they.Please provide the guides links.

Brad