cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2company codes one purchasing org

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a situation where we have 2 company codes but oly one purchasing org.

Obvoiously the Porg can only exist once in the org structure so cannot be under the company code ( I think) what we did was create the comapanies and then a node for for Purchasing Org but not a parent child relationship, everything works fine including confirmation and invoicing and the generation of the PO to backend, and our purchasing groups responsibility works fine too.

Our issue is with the PO output from SRM, it will not output although the PO is generated, basically in SLG1 it says

No contact address could be determined

and when it does this the program for generation is not triggered even though the user has an address in the attributes.

The team have looked at this and believe it is trying to get the comapny address as well, can anyone tell me why it does this even if it can get purchasing group address as well as delivery address which is required on the PO

Rgds

TM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Your analysis is correct. PO output will always take company address. You will have to change standard logic.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats fine and thanks for the answer, but what logic do we try to change as it never makes the print program, if you have a clue please can you let me know as this is getting serious enough to consider changing our working solution

rgds

TM

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TM,

We have the same situation but we didn't need to make code changes (only an OSS note 767461 - Transfer of ship-to address to back-end system).

For each company and/or plant, we maintained a seperate address (Ship-To Address). Then entered that address number in the delivery address in PPOMA_BBP at the organizational unit level. The main thing is make make sure your interitance is not broken in PPOM_BBP.

Therefore, you have the correct addresses for your P/O for the backend. The only other thing might need to be done is to apply OSS Note 576665 No new delivery address for every item on the R/3-side.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its something to look at but the PPOMA is if you like broken as the Porgs and groups are not on the same level as comapny codes and users.

So when it looks for the company address it cant find the org unit for comapny code but thanks for the answer and we will look at the notes.

Rgds

TM