cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation for Quality stock material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can any body tell me how to create inspection lot without activation of Inspection type in the material , If the material already been in Quality stock.

Eg:

I am not activated QM view in material master

During good reciept I selected the stock type Qulaity and now the stock in qulaity stock.

Now I want to create inspection lot without activation of inspection type.

Reward points will be provide

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As inspection type is not activated for material it mean there is no requirement for inspection so why do you want to create inspection lot for it. If you just want to post stock from QI to unrestricted stock . go to MB1B --- use movement type 321 and post to stock to unrestircted stock.

Sanjay

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use QA08 to activate inspection types of the 'problem' material.

On the QA08 screen you'll see several check boxes at the bottom.

You want to make sure the one "Activate despite insp. stock"

You can use the F1 key to get help on this check box. It explains the uses of it and has a link to the customizing needed.

I've copied in some of the help on this below.

Once you have created the inspection lot and processed it, you can then go to material and deactivate any inspection types.

Craig

Activate Despite Inspection Stock

Use

If inspection stock exists for a material and this stock is not managed by inspection lots, you cannot simply activate a stock-relevant inspection type, because this can lead to stock inconsistencies between the Materials Management (MM) and Quality Management (QM) components. You can avoid these stock inconsistencies by creating inspection lots when the inspection type is activated.

This indicator controls system behavior as follows:

If you do not set this indicator, the material is only processed if no stock inconsistencies occur between QM and MM (without the creation of additional inspection lots).

If you set this indicator, inspection lots can be generated, if necessary, to avoid stock inconsistencies. The inspection type is then copied from Customizing.

Dependencies

If this indicator is set, take note of the following:

For all plants that you want to process, enter an inspection type that is assigned to inspection lot origin 08 in Customizing.

Make sure that default values are entered for this inspection type in Customizing. The indicator "Post to inspection stock" must be set and a quality score procedure must be entered.

If one of these two prerequisites is not fulfilled, the system responds as if the indicator were not set.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

It is not possible at all to create inspection lot without activating inspection type. That is the "hard coded" truth of SAP-QM.

Anyways have some solutionary tips to escape your trap.

Option:-1

Cancel the GR, Stock will be downloaded. then activate the inspection type, And re-post the GR. Lot will be generated.

Option:-2

Activate the inspection type through QA08 by clicking in the check box :ACTIVATE DESPITE INSPECTION STOCK", and post the stock in Unrestricted using 322 movement type, (This is not advisable option, hence you will be in need to disturb so much configuration and other settings.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 4, 2008 4:01 PM