cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is Working with Folders in EASY DMS only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS Gurus,

1) Is Working with Folder a Special feature of Easy DMS and not much use if we donu2019t go for specifically working with Easy DMS,

2) Can Easy DMS and Normal DMS work simutaniously, ie.. can both be implemented simultaneously and used parallely when and where each ones need is raised.

3) What r the limitations of going with EASY DMS as compared to normal DMS,

like Working with Folders can be configured with normal DMS implementations also?

Thanks in Advance,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By implementing Easy DMS you are just integrating SAP

DMS with explore.

what ever you save in EasyDMS can be accessed in SAP DMS

similarly DMS data can also be accessed in EasyDMS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Easy DMS is an external software which can be installed.

In Easy DMS working/managing with the folders is the great facility which is not overall possible in standard DMS.

Easy DMS fetches the backend configuration done in standard SAP. Depending upon the user's comfortability Easy DMS is used,if user is not comfortable with the standard sap screen then he can use Easy DMS where all functions like standard DMS can be used.

Maintaining folders is a option for which Easy DMS is used very regularly.

Configurations watever done once in standard DMS is applicable for both standard DMS and Easy DMS.

In Easy DMS particular authorizations can be provided for particular folders.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj Thanks for the Information,

i have configured Standard DMS in normal way using Doc Types, parts and Versions.

if now i want to configure my Existing Documents in to folder structure form what Configuration steps has to be taken,

is it advisable to have both these configurations or it is just an unnecessary burden to use both forms.

what is Public and Private folder and how to configure and make use of them.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

in easyDMS folder is a BO< - there is no specific need to configure folders unless u decide your business process / logic specifically to be structured as folders (example - Projects - Desing docs - Specifications etc)

Private and public folders in easyDMS are two root folders to start with..private as name suggests is private to a user and other users cant access it..public folder are accessible to everyone (ofcourse user should have proper authorization)..these are two logical folders from where a user can start navigation to DMS data.

rgds,

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

For ur information whatever Folders that u see in EasyDMS is nothing but a Document Structure In R/3. Document structures are represented as folders in EasyDMS.

The files that u put in a folder are the Doc Struct items.

u can get the same in SAPGUI too. by Activating the Browser in IMG.

Hope this answers ur question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

watever configuration you do in back SAP is reflected in front end easy DMS, all the doc types act as a folder in easy DMS in which you can easily drag and drop any files you need.

Thank You,

Manoj

pl reward if useful

Edited by: Manojkumar Bhagwat on Aug 13, 2008 2:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the response and answers provided, i got a good idea of SAP Easy DMS,

can i know is that EASY DMS should be or Can installed individually in all the individual End user System

or it should be installed in the central server only.

and one more doubt i have is i was trying to find the Table where the original files are getting stored but could not get the details in the particular table.

iam speaking of the Original files only and not about the details we maintain in CV01n

thanks and regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easy DMS has to be installed on all the machines, its a separate software which can be downloaded from sap marketplace.

since all the information you give gets stored in the tables as everything is controlled by tables, since we check-in documents/attachments in the content server so all the documents get stored in content server or SAP database (if no CS is maintained), thus only the file information is visible on the document as the attachment.

hope this may help U..!

Thank You,

Manoj

award points if useful..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

easydms is client application and has to be installed on each PC.

You can get it from market place and i would suggest to install it and play around with it..it is very intuutive and you may get many answers to your questions by using it..:-)

rgds,

anubhav