cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies between active DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a DC (Web Project) that uses the active part of another DC (Java Project).

I've noticed that the JDI allows me to activate changes in the Java Project even it makes not to compile the other project (web project) that depends on it. This means that when activating a DC, the compilation it's made for the DC and DCs proyect that it uses. And it's not made for all the DCs that are activated.

Shouldnt be compiling all the DCs in the active workspace?

This provokes to have DCs in the active workspace that are not compiling. am I doing something wrong? If not, what is the meaning to have active DCs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deborah,

I don´t understand what you written exactly but I think the main question was "What is the difference between active and inactive workspace?"

In the inactive workspace all source files are stored that are should not yet be used by other developers. The files in inactive workspace e.g. can be used to store your daily work . So you don´t loose it if your local computer crashes in the night.

When you activate your changes these are transferred from the inactive to the active workspace. Before this is done the CBS starts a build of your changed DC(s) and if this is sucessfull and you changed a public part of your DC also all dependend DCs are rebuild by CBS.

This build and rebuild of the DCs is not done at your local PC. It is done at the CBS server.

In a bigger team developers only use the active DCs of other developers that were build by CBS. In this case only the PPs (JAR files) are downloaded to the developers PC not the source files.

Regards

Helmut