cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD application slowing down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a webdynpo application that seems to slow down during the day. In the morning everything is fine, but as the day progresses the application seems to perform worse and worse.

Is there any logical explanation for this behavior? How can I monitor the application?

Thanks in advance, Wilbert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

I think Your Webdynpro application is getting slow down because of Server getting overloaded.

Please check if any of your method is running longer loops (or infinite loops), this will keep the server busy and decrease the remaining memory for running application.

OR performing I/O operations i.e. File Handling , this will cause slow down of the application if N/W traffic is high.

Please update if you find any other reason for the same.

Thanks & Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The developers have changed something in the application itself, causing it to run smoothly now.

Seems to have been a design issue all along....

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Wilbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Web Dynpro Console you can check performance data, maybe this helps to identify the issue.

Armin

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Wilbert,

Possible reasons for your application to slow down are

1. Server performance is slowing down.

If this is the resson and because of low disk space or H/W or N/W issue your server is performing low then you can only do is make it more reliable.

2. Only your application performance is slowing down.

You only know your application. if your application is making heavy use of server resources. or if there is any memory leak problem then you need to check it.

then go to NWA.

http://<hostname>:<port>/nwa

in NWA->Analysis->Application profiler.

here you can create profile for your application for performance test

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

Actual reason is the EP server itself may be slowing down but not WD application. As per my knowledge there are two reasons for this.

1. Network traffic

2. No. of users (or applications running on) of the Portal are increasing as they day increasing.

You can monitor your application in System Administration -> Monitoring or System configuration(I guess)

Regards,

Siva