cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am getting error "Internal Error" while trying to update the existing Hierarchy table , Using Import manager.

Also the hierarchy field data in value mapping is showing numbers instead of hierarchy field data value in tree structure.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved.

Thank You all for your effort in helping me.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u can elaborate the issue plz...

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Braddy,

The issue is as follows.

I have a hierarchy table to be created in MDM .

I have data the hierarchy data in excel sheet and I am importing the data . After I import, I am doing field and value mapping for all the fields and for the field which contains the hierarchy data also I am doing by using "split into hierarchy " and then adding into destination side as sibling .

The above import works fine for the frist time but for any further update the destination section of value mapping for the hierarchy field comes as parent and child numbers and not as the filed values.

because of the above issue I am not able to do value mapping.

If I try to add the hierarchy data into the destination section It gives internal error on importing.

Hope you understood the issue.

Kindly help me resolve this issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any lookup field in Hierarchy table ? "Internal Error" usually comes when Import manager tries to add lookup values. Try to break it in two steps :

1] Import lookup data first.

2] Import Hierarchy table (Values for lookup field will be automatically mapped as you have already imported those in step 1).

Also how is the sequence for Display fields ? Make sure the field which is a hierarchy field is having display sequence DF[1] ..

Regards,

Dheeraj.