cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebAS ABAP 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are a little confused about the WebAS 7.1 ABAP. We found this version in the service market place, but it says that it is only available for some add-ons.

Does this mean WebAS 7.1 will be only available in a larger scope with e.g. PI 7.1 and not standalone?

- Does anybody know when GA will be?

- Is WebAS 7.1 having this new WebDynpro framework?

Maybe somebody can be shed some light on this.

Regards Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sascha_tubbesing
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Release strategy is a very complex thing at SAPs.

Let's begin with SAP NetWeaver 2004 ('04). That was the first "all NetWeaver-Things at once"-release. For example in there was the SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 on SAP Web AS Java 6.40. Or just the SAP Web AS ABAP 6.40.

After that we had SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s). In there are SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.0 or SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.0.

The newest technology releases have 7.1 as a releas number. But because auf market needs in some section NetWeaver 7.1 was not (yet) released as a "all NetWeaver things at once" but only some 7.1 products hit the market. For example SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 (based on SAP NetWeaver AS Java 7.1) and SAP NetWeaver MI (7.1) based on SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.1. But as not "all things at once are delivered" you can only intall/use those already released products and for example not do an upgrade of your SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.0 to SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.1.

We just have to wait, until the next "all NW-thing at once" release will hit the market.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody tell me if SAP Web As ABAP 7.1 is available to download in service market place?I could see only SAP WEB AS CE 7.1.I plan to download this and during installation,I select "ABAP only" to achieve this-Am i doing correct?

The next questions is that I have only used SAP releases 7.0 upto now and my company is an SAP partner.Do I need to go for extra licensing to use 7.1?

My exact requirement is to have minimal resources for SAP Mobile 7.1 in place.I got from master&installation documents

SAP Web AS ABAP 7.1 is the requisite for it.

Looking forward for your kind contributions.

Thanks and Regards

Syam

sascha_tubbesing
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you reply to a topic that is already marked as answered the chance that somebody will reply is very low. You are lucky, that I still had a subscribtion on it.

Better to open a new topic the next time

Now to the answer:

As NW 7.1 is not a "harmonized" NW release there is no seperate AS ABAP 7.1 installation.

There are only 3 products available which run on AS 7.1. Those 3 you can install:

CE 7.1 (Java only)

MI 7.1 (abap ony)

PI 7.1 (abap+java)