cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order releasing & QI

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

scenario is that i create a production order, then i determine the batches of the components then i save it. a month later, i access it and release it. what if a component has reached its re-test date or is under QI stock, what shall the system prompt me? shall i redetermine batches? what if i want to use the original batch

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u no need to determine the batches.

if you have set the programme in QA07 for stock transfer to blocked whent the retest date or expiration date of the batch reached.

QA07 programme runs in background and transfer the stock to blocked as per setting.

I hope now ur doubt is clear.

Assign the points if the reply is helpful.

Regards,

Anil

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

so when the system moves the batches to blocked, i cant release the order? i need to wait for QC to re-release the batches?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

if you have to issue the material from the same batch then you have to wait untill the anaylysis of Q.C.

otherwise select the other batches for determination.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Raf,

Best Practice is,

If your order is in created status for such a long time then before releasing it you have to do 'Read Master data' which help you not only this Batch issue but it gives you lates update regarding other master data like Material Master data/BOM/Routing.

My Heartly advice is note only for a month but if your order is create just a day back you have to read master data , because all such kind of back ground jobs are schedule on midnight and it may cause big changes in batches status and others.

Else You will get an error during goods issue 'Difficult to issue ____ from unsresticted"

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Jul 4, 2008 3:54 PM

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

how come when i tested this, the system still releases the order, even if the batch has expired? isnt the system supposed to prompt me about this?