cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qm config for expired batches

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

how do i auto block all batches that have expired or has gone past its SLED?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Material should be still moved to QI/block/restricted ( if using batch status management) stock even though it is assinged to production order and production orser is in created or released status. As expired or re inspection material should not be used in manufacturing .

Sanjay

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

how come the order still could be released, even if the batch has expired?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Orders don't care if the batch is expired. As long as its not in blocked stock an order can utilize the material.

To prevent this, you must actively manage your expired stock using deadline monitoring. Deadline mointoring will only restrict expired batches. Restricted batches can also be utilized by orders.

You should either:

a) proactively manage restricted stock/block stock

b) set up a batch search strategy that only allows you to pick un-restricted stock. (You can always manually assign a restricted batch to get around the search strategy and rework bad material.)

Craig

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

my scenario is that when i create prod order, the batch has already been determined last month, however, next month when i release it, what if the batch expires? is there some sort of prompt that will tell me this specific batch has expired

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you have already assigned the material. There will be no error.

If you want to recheck these, I would suggest talking to a PP person and seeing if there is a user exit that can be used at order release, (I'm pretty sure there is), which can be used to check then be used to check the expiration dates of assigned materials.

Craig

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Raf,

I don't know what is the logic behind batch Determaintaion at the time of order creation.But may be its a client requirement.

Now comes to your point in such a case when order is created a month back with batch ditermination of component has already done, then it is adavisable to do "Read Master data".Because during such a long period there may be chance of not only change in Batch Status but also in Stock of components ,standard cost estimate and many more. During this system will check all the related master data whether it is BOM, Master Recipe, Resource,Material Master. One more thing it set the order in orginal situation so you have to do Batch Determination again, and there may be no chance of batch Determination of expired batches.

Else if you have relese the order without 'read master data' system doesn't check the status of that batches ,but during GI it will check and will not allow to do Goods issue (If your Batch Status management is active)

See the below error ,

Best before date/SLED 30.06.2008 of batch A2RM800005 has been exceeded
Message no. M7667

Diagnosis
You are attempting to post a batch for a goods issue whose shelf-life expiration date has been exceeded.

System Response
Depending on the system setting, the system issues either a warning or an error message.

If the message is a warning (W), the system will accept your entry, but simultaneously issues a warning to prevent you from making the wrong entry.
If the message is an error message (E), the system will not accept your entry.
Procedure
Make sure your entries are correct.

Regards,

Dhaval

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Raf,

You can do it by QA07 (dead line monitoring of Batches).By using this code you have to manage manually.

But,

There is one code for this and it is more useful also that is QA05, this is nothing but Back ground job of that QA07.

This transections are helpful to restrct all the batches which are expired/near to expiry and near to Next Inspection date

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Pls refer the below thread. it will be very helpful to you

[;

Regards,

Shyamal

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

how about if my component is already assigned to a production order (created not yet released). then when the item reaches its sled/ reval. date, will it still be moved to QI?

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Raf,

In that case only those batches which passed their Expiry date are stated as restcted.You can not use only those restrcted Batches,else there is no problem.But if there is no other stock then you may got missing part error for your order.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a background job for transaction QA07, which will create inspection lots for all materials which have recurring inspection and which have passed shelf life expriy date.

Hope this helps you.