cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Controller..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is an MRP Controller? What is the associated functionality? when n wher is it configured and assigned.

Explanation welcome rather than any link

Sure to allot points..

Cheerzz.

Subbz..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a manufacturing plant, a person will be identified and will be responsible for a group of materials. Material that takes part in material requirements planning must be assigned to an MRP controller.

MRP will guarantee material availability and once you run MRP, it will be helpful in planning as to whether what quantity a component should be procured or what quantity should be produced in-house. Through MRP, you can automate procurement proposals for purchase and production.

MRP can be planned at [Plant level or for different MRP areas] If MRP is planned at plant level, SAP adds together stocks from all storage locations excluding customer stock, to determine total plant stock.

If MRP is planned at MRP area level, stocks from storage locations assigned to the respective MRP area are taken into account.

MRP Groups are created in OPPR and assigned in material master MRP1 view.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

THNX a tonn Lakshmipathi for the explanation.

Awarded points accordingly.

PS: Once the question comes to ure court..gets answered!!

Also I would like to thank u for ure tremendous efforts and

time for solving the forum members querries

Cheerzz..

Subbz..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subba rao

Thanks for your kind compliments but at the same time, I would like to add my opnion over your comments [once the question comes to ure court..gets answered] that there are so many experts in this forum and since they dont find time to spare, I am taking the credit of grabbing these points from them

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MRP Controler it's link to avilability check &who's contrplling MRP ,it's most of PP module delt with &..discontnue parts ..effective from&what is follow material .i can say it's all about production.