cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS going mad and crashing SAP services (SCS & ASCS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have a problem installing MSCS cluster. At some point of the installation when I have to take offline and later bring online the SAP cluster group, the Cluster administrator became mad and begin to take offline and bring online all the cluster groups, moves the cluster groups to all the nodes until de sap services (ascs and scs) crashes and get teh status failed. After that I cannot bring online the service.

This is the like the fifth time I reinstall and always that error occurs and always in different point of the installation, it can be after the installation of the second node or the last time was between the database and central instance step. At last, the service error is always different too.

Thanks,

Wadih Saad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the following files latest and up to date?

c:\windows\SapClus.dll

c:\windows\Saprc.dll

c:\windows\Saprcex.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know.

Where I can view the version of that files? And if they aren't the latest, where I can download it?

Thanks,

Wadih

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the 7000.80.13.9894 version for all three. They are in windows/system32

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running a more recent version. Try downloading it from service market place, it should be in the same download as the kernel. The description / folder name should have something like NTCLUSTER or CLUSTER. Inside you'll find the 3 dll files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll try to find that file.

One question, where do I have to do the swith for the new ones? I supposed taht I nedd to bring down the cluster service so I can replace the files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shut down the cluster NT service, replace the dlls, start the cluster NT service again.

We ran into a similar issue a few weeks back when running older version of these cluster dlls. The instance would randomly shut down and bounce between the MSCS nodes. We made it our new rule that whenever kernel is updated, the cluster dll gets updated as well.

Good luck! If this still doesn't work, please post the dev_disp and dev_w0 files from the work directory.

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check the note 1043592?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but I have ne question: Do I need to remove SP2 or with the new ntclust is not nececsary?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have successfully run MSCS on both SP2 and non-SP2 Windows O/S. So I would say, make sure you are running latest SAP NT Cluster bits along with SP2 should be ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin. The ntclust solved my problem.

Answers (0)