Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Phone numbers for Multiple addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have a requirement to build a solution for the following :

Every Business partner may have multiple addresses, and each address may have multiple phone numbers !!

We already have a qualified lookup table to house the multiple addresses but we are stuck at accomdating multiple phone number to each of the addresses !!

Any smart ideas !!?

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You are already having a qualified table for addresses. You can have anothe qualified table for phone numbers. In this phone numbers table, There can be any no qualifier and two yes qualifiers: Phone Number and Link. Whenever you create a record, a link gets created for each address in addresses table. If you have a separate iview for each address, then all the phone numbers belonging to a single address must come under its own iview only.

Suppose you create a record with only a single address. In this address, you have 3 phone numbers. When the record gets created a new link for address is created. You can copy this link ID to Link field of phine Numbers table for each phone number in this address. In this way if you have multiple addresses, you can store their link IDs with the relevant phone numbers. In this way you can distinguish That which phone number belong to which address.

You can set the Link field of phone number table only through code. I think calculated field will not work here.

Hope this will work and not confusing.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I got your point .But I guess you are talking about a lookUp Qualified inside a lookup Qualified table which I believe is not possible.But u can nest a lookup Flat table inside a qualified Table.

To your problem I have a different solution.

Let suppose Master record is as shown below:

Id | Name | Home_Add | Business_ADD | Landline | Mobile.

1 | abc | 123 | - | 078821 | 93709.

1 | abc | - | 345 | 080145 | 98932.

Here customer 'abc' have Multiple address like Home address and Business address.And each address has multiple phone numbers like Landline and Mobile.

In this case if you design repository as;

Main Table: ID,Name,Addres_Type

where Address_Type is a LookUp Quaified Field (multivalued)

Qualified Table:Address Type(Non-Qualifier),Landline(Qualifier)and Mobile(Qualifier),Address(Qualifier).

Address Type is a Flat LookUp Table with values Home address and Business Address.

After You Import in Data Manger your record will look like:

Id | Name | Address Type

1 | abc |Home Address;Business Address.

and when you see in Record detail pane for Address Type

you will find values like

Address Type: Home Address.

Landline : 078821

Mobile : 93709.

Address :123

Address Type: Business Address.

Landline : 080145

Mobile : 98932

Address :345

Hope this will help to solve your problem.If any further qury then do post to me.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Neethu.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinjay,

if you can live with the phone number as a single field, I'd recommend using a lokkup [flat] multi valued as part of your address qualified lookup. The nesting of qualified lookups as described by your post is currently not possible. Alternatively - if you know the max number of possible phone numbers, you could add several fields (Phone 1, Phone 2, etc.).

Cheers

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks .. Let me try all these options .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

As jitesh said,create phone number field which is type text in addresses qulaified

table and mark phone number field as qualifier.

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

I think to solve this issue we can have multiple instances of addresss of partners in qualified table i.e when we double click on the address qualified table ,we can see multiple instances of same address with diff. phone no. When we select any add. we will get diff phone no.It is bit tidy method.

rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

We can not nest qualified tables and lookup multivalued field also can not be used because phone numbers are not fixed. So create a text field and include multiple phone numbers separated by the delimiter.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja