cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Days' Supply and the Deployment Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am currently working on a deployment optimizer implementation project.

We are in the testing phase and an error is occurring that I wanted to check with you.

We are using Safety Stock Method SZ, so we have safety daysu2019 or coverage instead of fixed quantities. Days of coverage are loaded in R/3 as master data and are uploaded to APO via integration models. When I run the DO, the input log (ET_LOCPROD) recognizes clearly the safety stock for each bucket.

But the run does not fulfill the SS needs, even though there is sufficient stock available in the production location and the cost model is OK.

In fact in the results log (IT_LOCMAT) one can see that the insufficient SS is not recognized by the run.

I did an additional test and changed the SS method (in the APO master data for product location directly) to SB and assigned a fixed value. In this case the run is perfect. The input log sees the SS and the run proposes to fulfill all the SS needs accordingly.

I researched notes that could possibly help and found # 703361 u201CSafety daysu2019 supply and SNP optimizeru201D. Regarding this note I checked that the function 3003 was correctly assigned to the key figure and I included the extra parameter SAFETYDYNAMIC in the COPT10 but neither worked. It seems that the internal calculation doesnu2019t consider the safety stock if it's dynamic.

Additionally this note is for SCM 4.0 and we are working in SCM 5.0. Nevertheless I tried itu2026

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Bea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bea,

Did you check the macros?

For the method SZ, please ensure you determine the workdays and stock balance (to get the total demand) as well.

Could you check if the planning book you used has the following macros (in the same order) in default?

- determine workdays

- stock balance

- safety stock

Let us know if you find the answer, and good luck

Regards,

Julien

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien !!

Thank you so much for your answer.

I did check the macros and they are all OK and set as default in the planning book.

I did a couple more tests and found something that is puzzling me even more. I tried using the SS method SM, which chooses from the max between safety stock and coverage. I didn't upload any safety stock fixed value, so the max was the coverage. In this case, surprisingly, the Deployment recognizes the SS associated to the coverage and proposed shipments to fulfill the need...

Now I am even more confused. It seems to be something with the SS Method SZu2026But I donu2019t know what could it be or how to check the logic of the Deployment in this case.

Iu2019ll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Bea