cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication for a DR system for SAP using OMS400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are replicating our SAP ECC 60 system using OMS400.( something similar to MIMIX)...

The pipe we have between our main site and the DR site is 1MB pipe only.

We are working on getting the budget approved for a bigger pipe. But in the meanwhile...

Of the libraries replicated, in R3<SID>400, we have a lot of files which are "output file for STRDBMON" ( named like <SID>QXXXX, <SID>HXXXX, JVAQXXXX,JVAHXXX etc)...

We were wondering, if we need to repliacte these files for a DR switch?

I would think, once we restore this library, we may not need to repliacte this ( only if we apply a kernel update on the source side, we just apply the kernel update on the target side as well, so that this is updated as the source..)

Any suggesstions.

Thanks guys..

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

1MB or 1Mb (bytes or bits)? Most network bandwidth is measured by 'b', instead of 'B'. And 1Mb might not be enough for a busy SAP system. Calculate the number of journal receivers generated in the busy hours to verify. You will need extra room for catch up after HW/SW upgrade or WAN downtime as well.

There are some data compression network devices, which could help lower the bandwidth requirement.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd/Christian/Victor,

Thanks a lot for the response,

That really helps me in clearing my doubts. I had some idea, but still wanted to double check, before I change the replication definitions.

Victor,

Sorry about the "B".

Yes, it is 1Mb. and hence it is on the lower side.

The typical journal receivers we generate in a day is like 15-18 typically of 4 GB each.

Hence, it looks to us on the low side.

b.t.w.

What are those data compression network devices, which can help us?

Are you talking about something like Storewiz's STW-iSCSI or related products like Cisco Data compression devices?

Thanks a lot guys...

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

"Cisco Data compression device" sounds right. Lakeview (Mimix provider, now Vision Soluiton) used to sell similar device as well.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

the file <SID>QQRYI ... in R3<SID>400 are temporary output files for the database monitor. You really don't need to replicate them, because their contents are copied into tables in R3<SID>DATA immediately. The only objects that you will need on the target side are the work management objects (*JOBQ, *JOBD, *CLS, *SBSD) and R3INLPGM. The work management objects could be recreated easily in an emergency (and usually don't change), and R3INLPGM is a copy of the program from the kernel library.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the right idea, Abhi. That's what we do as well using iCluster.

Regards

Bernd