cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgradation of MI client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to upgrade my MI client of SP09 level-00 to SP14 to level -03.

How should i proceed.

Where will i get Sp14 patch and in what format it will be.

Will it be in a installable format or in a deployable format. If deployable in how do i doit

Provide elobrative replies.

points assured.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can download a full SP13 client and SP Patch 14+15 from service.sap.com

You find it here:

Please navgate to http://service.sap.com/swdc

2. > SAP Support Packages !!!(srry for wrong path before)

3. > Entry by Applicaiton Group (left navigation pane)

4. > SAP NetWeaver

5. > SAP NETWEAVER

6. > SAP NETWEAVER 04

7. > Entry by Component

8. > MI Client

First please make a full install of SP13.

Then you can deploy SP14 or SP15 as ADDON via webconsole.

How to upload addon files:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/be9b3e27a4fd13e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Frank Brackmann

Message was edited by: Frank Brackmann

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the mi client sp14 p00 zip file has a nothing but a directory structure partly similar to my Mobile Infrastructure Installation directory.

now, how do i upgrade from SP13 p00. i have to do it on a XP platform.its mentioned that i should upload to the ADD_ONs in webconsole. So, HOW DO I DO THAT? Where do i find this ADD_ON link?

please make your answer descriptive.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For uploading add-on, go to transaction mi_mcd. create a new component of type ADDON. In the webconsole, for the same component unpload the patch file. Addon is not a link but a component type.

Rest you can follow my previous msg.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After uploading as an ADD_ON, the file comes down and sits in a folder called ADD ON. is that all? or should i do anything after that?

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check if SP 14 has been installed property you can click on the info tab on the MI homepage. The version would be displayed at the bottom of the page.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijayasarathy,

hmmm,the patch should not be installed in the folder add_on.Have you get the Message "A new installation packeages needs to be executed..." And have you pressed the start button then? Then the patch will be installed in the correct folder.

Perhaps also check this thread an especially the answer of B.Boonen.

Reagards and a happy new year.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Were you able to upgrade to SP14?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I got a fullSP13 zip file. Now What do i do with it. How do i deploy it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unzip it and install JSP/ AWT client.exe from the comp folder on your client. Once it is installed follow what I have mentioned in previous msg.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what device are you using(WIN32,WINCE)?

If you want to install it on pocket pc,

perhaps this blog will help you:

/people/paresh.mishra2/blog/2005/12/04/configuring-mobile-device-upgrading-to-sp14-mi-25

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I tried to do step 2 you have mentioned but I kept getting an error:

"Synchronisation problems: Transport-layer (http) sync exception raised (root cause: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.EOFException: null))"

Any idea why this error occures? Thanks.

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

This can be because your .props file (property file) is not properly configured on the J2EE server. Pls refer the installation guide ( for MI server sp14 installation guide the page is 21, I don't know about others) for configuring the property file. Also do conduct the test given just after the configuring procedure.

Let me know which SPs (server & client) you are using.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot install it directly as SP14 by itself is not a complete package, just a patch. You have to deploy it through webconsole. Get the client as suggested by Frank, BUT follow these steps for deploying instead of the link given by him; and it will be easy:

1. First, download and install MI Client 2.5 SP13 Patch00 on your laptop.

2. Create a new user on the client, configure 'settings' and then sync with the server to get an deviceID.

3. Upload the ADD_ONs SP13 patch 02, SP14 Patch 00, SP14 Patch 02 and then SP14 patch03 to the webconsole via http://<your_host>:50000/me/WebConsole/login (It has to be an ADD_ON)

4. For each ADD_ON perform:

a.Assign the ADD_ON to your device (deviceID) via the webconsole.

b. Sync with the client. On Synchronization the component will get assigned to the client device. On pressing 'Continue' button you will get the message stating that an application has being assigned to you with an option to start the installation process. You might have to restart the client to get this message.

c. Restart the client.

d. You should get a message that there is an application that needs to be installed if you have not got it earlier, press the START button.

f. Check in the INFO link on your device if it has really installed ...

You have to follow this sequence as you cannot install SP14 directly (as it not being a complete package).

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, don't forget my points.