cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Variant Creation for a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i'm trying to schedule a background job for the report MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR. it requires me to create a variant. i go to SA38 Transaction and try creating a variant.

<b>"Maintain Variant: Report MEREP_DISTRIBUTOR, Variant Distributor" </b>Screen.

When i give simulate, i get this error.

<b>Simulate --> No Mobile ID found.</b>

Can you help me solve this issue?

Thanks and Regards

Arun

PS: Answers will be Rewarded.

Message was edited by: Arun Kumar Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

have you deployed your smart-sync application via webconsole to a user/device?

Then you shouldn't get this error when you simulate the merep_distriubutor.

Regards

Frank

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

A mobile id uniquely indentifies a combination of user, mobile component, device id, conv. id and so on. It is automatically generated when you synchronize data with your device in which one of the terms in the above mentioned combination is different from that in previous mobile ids. You can even create mobile ids through merep_pd. However, I suggest that you synchronize data with a device and the the mobile generated could be used for the variant. Then the merep_distributor will only will applicable for the combination represented by your id.

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, don't forget my points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Frank and Rahul,

i've deployed a jsp application - war file on a mobile webconsole using upload mobile device. i created that using MDK Smart Sync Tutorial steps --> Smart Sync Proj Wizard. i put that war file against the mobile component i created using MCD.

i tried to Synchronize client with server and this is the trace i got. from this i believe it synchronizes fine.

tell me if i'm wrong.

Trace:

<<Trace Removed>>

<b>Now, what should i do next? how will i find if things are going fine!</b>

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Try to run the application and let me know. If it runs fine you need not worry about the trace file.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How do i run the application? i've started the client. the server is running fine. i've deployed a war file on the web console. Now what? can you give me the steps? i'm kinda feeling lost!

Thanks and Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Once the war file has been uploaded (not deployed) on to the webconsole, you must then deploy it on the client. Make sure you have selected the option 'Link in SAP MI homepage' while uploading the war file. Login in to your webconsole, under the 'Administration' tab, press 'Add entry' button; which will allow you to assign the componen to a user. Once this done, login in to the client with the same user, and then synchronize with the server. After the application will appear on your homepage with a link. You will have to restart the client and sync one or two more times to get the data on the client, as initially only the application is deployed and not the data.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Login in to your webconsole, under the

> 'Administration' tab, press 'Add entry' button; which

> will allow you to assign the componen to a user.

at this point, i get a message "Selected component type cannot be assigned\n"

but when i see what components have been assigned,

On All Devices MI_ADMIN ZMI0_EX1 01 Deployment with Next Synchronization With Role Assignment 2005-12-29 19:14:23

ZMI0_EX1 - MCD Name.

01 Version

MI_ADMIN - User name.

the above statement was a result of role sync from the ABAP server side.

So, what's next?

Regards,

arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Ok.

Follow these steps:

1. First create a user on the MI ABAP Server, say xyz. Please never use MI_ADMIN.

2. Create the same user xyz on the client device and try to sync with the server. You will get a message similar to 'Sync complete. No applications currently assigned.' This is oobvious as you have anot assign any applications to this user.

3. Now assign the componet 'ZMI0_EX1 01' to this user.

4. Sync and then follow what I have mentioned in the previous msg.

All the best.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if i select one particular device (using my device id) i get that error message. instead, if i check for All Devices box, i get the following in the Webconsole.

Device: On All Devices

User:127733

MCD: ZMI0_EX1

Version: 01

Administration: With Role Assignment

now, for this, as you said, the Sync is complete. but no applications were currently assigned. i restarted the client. Again no app is installed...

BTW, i'm running my client at SP9 Level 00. and this is a JSP application. Could that be a problem?

Regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Before assigning any application to any device, first just sync it with server. this will get your device id in the server.

Then assign the application. When you sync, the client must show a message describing that the application has been deployed.

I am not sure SP09 whether is creating porblems, but I will suggest you better upgrade to SP14 SP03. refer to other thread which runnning simultaneously on this forun.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right then,

i'll upgrade and get back to this thread. please don't stop watching it.

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

thanks a ton.. i got this one solved.. but i have a few more issues. will post that in a different question!

Happy New Year.

Regards

arun.