cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export of SOLMAN-project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does some one know how to export the SOLMAN project with existing documents and structure on OS-Level?

The transaction solman_migration gives the opportunity to export only few files...

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thom,

what is wrong with SOLAR_MIGRATION.

Here you can select the projects which you want to transport and all content will be transfered.

Sometimes I had some problems with non released documents.

Beside the SOLAR_MIGRATION you can transport projects within SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.

But here you have more restrictions belonging to the documentation.

I never heard of other possibilities to move projects...

Regards

Thomas

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An additional information (extract from help) on SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN:

All project data which was created in the Solution Manager systems is transported:

- Header data (general data, scope)

- Project-specific information such as project documentation, and project team member and status assignments

- Cross-project information, e.g. general documentation

- Project structure and its assignments

Objects from the component systems which have been assigned to the project structure, and objects which were created by the Solution Manger in the component systems, are not automatically transported with a project. Transport these objects between the component systems in their own transport requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

many thanks for your response!

The problem with SOLAR_MIGRATION is that only 3 files will be exported:

- migr_change_doc_short.txt

- migr_control_file.xml

- migr_testcase_note.xml

Neither other documentation nor other project structure will be exported.

Do you know what I do wrong?

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thom,

these three files are only the control files. This files are needed for the automatic import.

If you start the export a background job will create a transport request with all project content. This transport request contains a data (R...) file, a co (K...) file and an I-file (because of the KW documents). But wait till the export into the transport request is ready. It can take some time, depnding on how many projects you want to transport and how much content is in the projects.

Transfer the transport request files on OS level from one SolMan to the other.

The K-file have to be copied into the /usr/sap/trans/cofiles directory and the R- and I-file into /usr/sap/trans/data.

After the transport files were copied on OS level the import in the target system can be started with TA SOLAR_MIGRATION.

The local folder with the XML control files have to be selected.

Now the transport request will be added to the queue in STMS an will be transported automatically.

Regards

thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your response again.

The vital goal of me is to import the documentation of SOLMAN into the SAP EP.

Therefore I do not have to export AND import the projects from SOLMAN A to SOLMAN B.

I need the physical export of project (with all the documentations) on OS level.

In the next step I will import the relevant docucmentation into SAP EP from OS level.

Do you what is the right approach for this?

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thom,

I am in need of some information relating to transporting a project from one system to other system.

I will post it as a seperate thread. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

regds,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krishna

Thanks very much for this issue. it was very informative.

But still i have some queries regarding Export project. I have generated those requests but when i saw them in request overview 3 out of four requests are in red status.

Those three are KT,KO and kX

I have the same issue as thom that i need my project to be imported with all data into it whether it is document,customization data,team members,etc etc

Can you suggest on this please

Thanks & Regards

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thom,

if I get it right, you are only interested in the documents, not the structures, Business blueprint etc.

I have recently used the SAP Knowledge Workbench. It is an MS-Windows base program the can be found under:

Programs -> SAP Front End -> SAP Knowledge Warehouse -> Knowledge Workbench

You can download all ducuments that are assigned to a project to your local disk or network drive. Using it for the first time is a bit cryptic so I recommend reading the SAP Notes 336968 , 196078 and 817529.

Hope that piece of information is helpful to you.

Cheers

Markus

Edited by: Markus Müller on Oct 9, 2008 5:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Can you tell me, why i can`t find any docs in KW using Knowledge Workbench?! I tried to find them, but have no result...

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I did everything you explained and it worked, but in solar01 is not getting the structure and is empty

Any clue?

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

I did everything you have explained and it worded, but in tx SOLAR01 the structure is not taken.

Any clue?

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solve it