cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV Dependency Not Showing in IR (Design)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made many SWCV dependencies in SLD in the past and always saw the namespaces and dependent design objects in Design (IR) under the Basis Object Node when I re-import the SWCV. In this partulcar SWCV, I am not seeing the dependency in IR (Design). I have searched documents and look at this sofware components several times but can't see any thing different from other SWCV.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Young

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try in IR:

Environment -> Clear SLD Data Cache

Check this if you have not seen this link....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that was the first thing I tried, didn't help. I also restarted j2ee, didn't help.

That link was already mentioned in an earlier post and we already know how to create dependencies else we wouldn't run into this problem in the first place...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your GUIDs. Is the GUID of the SWCV you're refering to in the SLD the same as the object id in the integration repository?

It can be that the SWCV was created originally in another SLD, then the GUID does not match with your current SLD.

The solution is re-import the SWCV you're refering to (usually a library or something like that). In IR you'll see 2 SWCVs with the same name and version, then move everything from one swcv to the other (by renaming and copying). Finally delete the old swcv. So a lot of work...

And after that, check everywhere in IR and ID where the objects in the SWCV are used (e.g. interface determinations) and reselect the SWCV so that it refers to the current GUID.

You might also be able to export the swcv from the sld, manually change the guid and then re-import it. But I didn't try that because it would be too risky in a production system, in my opinion. And it might not work because the swcv gets a new GUID when importing, I don't know.

Best is not to mess with SLD's...

Edited by: Ron Sommen on Sep 15, 2008 1:24 PM

It's also an option to create a new version of your library swcv and use "Release Transfer" to copy the components across (the new version will have a correct guid).

Edited by: Ron Sommen on Sep 15, 2008 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer these Blogs

- software component versions

- swcv

Regards,

Suryanarayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Young,

Did you upgrade your SLD recently? We have simular problems (dependecies not shown anymore) after upgrading the SLD from 6.40 to 7.00

Kind regards,

Christiaan Schaake