cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI idoc's and proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajender here,

1. can u please tell me when you go for proxy and when we will use idoc. (even though i have standard idoc, which one shall i prefer )?

2. what is the difference between rfc adapter and idoc adapter ?

3. what is the difference between SXMB_MONI and Message Monitoring ?

4. i have a empty flat file (no data in it), is it possible to send file to file scenario. if so how ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> can u please tell me when you go for proxy and when we will use idoc. (even though i have standard idoc, which one shall i prefer )?

Proxies are essentially the APIs, or the programming lines of code, that are generated for the

target application language like ABAP/JAVA/.Net.These application languages use "executable

interfaces" to exchange messages in SOAP/XML with external applications.

ABAP proxies are generated using the transaction SPROXY (in SAP Web AS 6.20 and above); for

Java proxies, the Integration Builder tool is used.

>>what is the difference between rfc adapter and idoc adapter ?

IDoc: IDoc Adapter converts the incoming IDoc to XML and XML messages to outgoing IDoc. The IDoc adapter resides on the ABAP stack of the integration server and hence no Sender Agreement is necessary in order to setup the sender adapter. A point to note is that using IDoc adapters, we can only have asynchronous (tRFC) processing. Apart from using Runtime Workbench and transaction SXMB_MONI, IDoc messages can be monitored using transaction IDX5.

RFC:RFC Adapter converts the incoming RFC calls to XML and XML messages to outgoing RFC calls. We can have both synchronous (sRFC) and asynchronous (tRFC) communication with SAP systems. The former works with Best Effort QoS (Quality of Service) while the later by Exactly Once (EO).

Unlike IDoc adapter, RFC Adapter is installed on the J2EE Adapter Engine and can be monitored via Adapter Monitoring and Communication Channel Monitoring in the Runtime Workbench.

>> what is the difference between SXMB_MONI and Message Monitoring ?

SXMB_MONI: we can only able to see the processed xml message on Integration Engine

Message Monitoring :we can see all the monitorings like on Adapter Engine, and Integration Engine etc..

SXMB_MONI is for Integration Engine monitoring tool, message flow ,execution in IE .You can monitor pipe line process here but not in RWB

Message monitoring enables you to use the following functions:

1) Display and manage messages

2) Display the message overview

3) Search for messages using the index

4) Filter displayed messages by particular criteria

5) Configure the message display

6) Edit messages

You use message monitoring in the following cases:

1) To track the status of messages

2) To find errors that have occurred and establish what caused them

The central tool for message monitoring is the Runtime Workbench, which you call from the SAP

Exchange Infrastructure start page.

RWB resdes on the Java Stack and so allows you to see the flow of your message from the Adapter Engine ( on Java Stack ) to the Integrtaion Engine ( on ABAP Stack ), and again to the Adapter ENgine ( on Java Stack).

SXMB_MONI runs on the ABAP stack allows you to monitor the message flow only in the ABAP stack / Integration Engine.

Regards,

sangeetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>1. can u please tell me when you go for proxy and when we will use idoc. (even though i have standard idoc, which one shall i prefer )?

>>2. what is the difference between rfc adapter and idoc adapter ?

In sender case, Idoc will not have any adapter and RFC needs adapter

>>3. what is the difference between SXMB_MONI and Message Monitoring ?

In MONI we can see the processed messages on Integration Engine only where as in Message monitoring we can see the messages on IE as well as on Adapter Engine also

>>4. i have a empty flat file (no data in it), is it possible to send file to file scenario. if so how ?

Check this on how to handle Empty file handling

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

Seshagiri

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> hi rajender here,

>

> 1. can u please tell me when you go for proxy and when we will use idoc. (even though i have standard idoc, which one shall i prefer )?

> If you have standard IDoc, go with it. Use proxy if you have to do some additional validations etc. where you want to have control over what is happening.

> 2. what is the difference between rfc adapter and idoc adapter ?

They are different modes of communication with R3. It is not a single line answer. help.sap.com is the right place to look in to.

>

> 3. what is the difference between SXMB_MONI and Message Monitoring ?

Using SXMB_MONI you monitor the messages in Integration Engine. for adapter engine and including integration engine you can use RWB. All this is call message monitoring it slef.

>

> 4. i have a empty flat file (no data in it), is it possible to send file to file scenario. if so how ?

why do you want o send any empty fle to another empty file? There are parameters availabe in the sender file adapters to specify hot to handle empty files.

Please try to search for answers before posting..!!

VJ