cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow:Disapproved records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a workflow say start -process-approve-stop.

If in approve step the records are disapproved the records should not move back to process step instead it should move to a notify step.

Is it possible if the approval is manual?

Regards

NIsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Nisha, your motive is to get an email when approver disapproves. But in workflow approve step can have only one output connector and which only works when we approve the step. After disapprove it automatically goes to process step.

So i dont think we can make use of notify to get an email after disapproval.

Alternatives are given above but they works only when approver approves the step.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

you can add Boolean field in your repository as mentioned above by Dheeraj and you add branch step as well

But I think after approval you can decide if the record is approved then move to "stop" step otherwise you can move to notify step.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

RDNPrasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

You can add a boolean field into your repositorywhose value should be set to true/false depending on approved/rejected. In data manager, write a validation on this field. Say the validation expression be "True". In your WF, after approve step add a branch step. After the branch step, add two branches: one containing only stop and other containing Notify and then stop. Then in the properties tab for the branch step set properties as:

Validation: Approved (Say the validation name you have created)

As soon as you enter the validdation name, two more fields will appear.

Approved: Stop

Default: Notify.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Dheeraj for the Prompt reply.

I again have a doubt .Say there are two records coming from two vendors V1 (Record R1)and V2( Record R2).If these records are disapproved by the Approver in Notify step the record R1 should go to V1 and R 2 to V2 .How is it possible?

Any Suggestion

Regards

Nisha