cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Development System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, just wanted to bounce some ideas off you guys.

We are about to create a new ECC 6 system initially a sandbox system for blue print then a Dev system.

My organisation as a global finance SAP template that we will use. So the steps would be a fresh install, then install the global finace templete, not sure how but will probably a system copy.

We also have another stream of work being undertaken in another part of the organisation which is all being done in its own landscape. We need to split out some of this functionality to use on our system (about 2000 transports).

I don't want to copy all of this work over to the Dev system probably from their QA system as it has a load of master / transaction data, but it will give everything we require OK we would need to some clean up work.

The other option would be to selct the transports that we require and apply them, sequencing will be a issue,

Ideally I guess the best solution is for all the work to be performed again in the new Dev system

Its a tricky one, I need the fucntionality but want to keep the system as clean as possible. The QA system will be built on the transports from Dev.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally I guess the best solution is for all the work to be performed again in the new Dev system

You will be right on this. Problem w/ a "easy" solution via transport is that you may run into cross development with the same object fighting eachother. This could result in unexpected behavior in the system, which would turn into a diagnostics nightmare.

We are currently in middle of upgrading to ECC 6.0. The plan here inhouse is to actually freeze all modifications for period of 1 quarter, allowing only production fixes only. This would minimize the number of transports that we have to manually consolidate.