cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent !MAU Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to enhance MAU with a Input field. In the Enhancement guide there is an example of displaying a read only field, but there is no example how can i add an input field?

1. I need to have the enhancement flag enabled while creating/ changing order. In the enhancement guide there is an example of displaying the enhancement fields on the enhancement link but there isn't any example of to have it while creating or changing an order.

2. What code do i need to add at the BADI ?

Regards,

Pranay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

as you say you want to a dd a field, I guess you want to add this field to an existing BO. So if the dataset is lready there and you just want to modify this field - it comes empty from the backend and you want to fill it with data and add this to the existing BO instance then you need to code the MODIFY BADI for this particular BO. This is explained with the GETDETAIL handler already. The getdetail handler must be developed as well, cause otherwise after a sync this information is not longer available on the device and I think you want to see the information you have entered. Once you have done these two things in the backend, yu are able to write into this field on the client. So add this field to the MODIFY screen and that is pretty much it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Here is my scenario:

In the Extension guide they have explained a scenario about getting the data from backend to Enahcement Link.

Now i want the same link to be made available on creating an order or changing an order.

For this we need to do some coding in the BADI and also some XML files in order to enable Enhancement link.

But I am not able find the correct files or methods to do that. So if you have any example do let me know..

Do reply.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

well, the creation of order is allowed. So that must be okay. In your case it is the added field that makes you some problems. Well, as I said earlier, this is exactly the same like showing an enhanced field ona screen. First you add the field to the GETDETAIL handler. This will allow you to show the information on the screen. Without that you can not add anything to it, cause you would not see it. To be able to change or to create data in that field, you need to code the CREATE and MODIFY badi as well in the same way you did it for th GETDETAIL for this field. Once this is done you need to change the CREATE and MODIFY screen like you did it for the DETAIL screen. At the end, this is it - really straight forward.

Coding: I am not in the office this week. But if you are not able to solve it while following this way, I think we can go through it next week from Wednesday on.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I tried coding in the Create/ Modify methods of the BADI. but without success. If you help me with some example codes it would be very helpful.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you say you had no luck - what is your real problem? Do you not get the value from the device or does this value not show up in the R/3 backend or are ou not able to store the value itself on the device?

Regards,

Oliver