cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations - SMD SPS15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have connected different SAP J2EE systems to our Solution Manager Diagnostics without any problems. Now we are trying to connect the corresponding ABAP backend systems to the SMD. The Setup Wizard for these systems are completed with a warning. Everything seems to work fine, but the warning are spurious (we get only the yellow light, not a green one).

Did anyone has the same "problems" with ABAP managed systems and has anyone a solution for the yellow light ?

Thanks and best regards

Patrick

-

Error/Warning Message -

Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager.

Created destination RT5|s3p5012_RT5_00

Created action RT5 - RT5 AbapSystem

Created action RT5|s3p5012_RT5_00 - RT5|s3p5012_RT5_00 AbapInstance

Created 2 action(s).

1 Wilyhost Agent(s) and 0 EP Agent(s) from host s3p2012 are connected to the EM.

90 seconds after restarting the WilyHostAgent the data of the following action is still missing in EM: RT5

90 seconds after restarting the WilyHostAgent the data of the following action is still missing in EM: RT5|s3p5012_RT5_00

Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager.

-

Error/Warning Message -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

please verify the file permissions for the system. See the following note

Note 1163751 - E2E Root Cause Analysis required standard UMASK 027

Have fun.

Mike

Edited by: Mike Rassbach on Jul 15, 2008 11:27 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

the second problem is also solved. I received a answer from the SAP Support, that the an old landscape definition causes the problem. So I have clean up (delete) the Landscape for the affected system using the "Landscape Management". After that you have to start the Setup Agent again. After that, I still got thesame problem...so you have to clean up the Landscape again and then delete the Landscape Definition (xml) with the Visual Admin (descripted in note 1156714). After that restart the Setup Agent.

Best regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick Scheurer,

How did u able to resolve the issue with

Wilyhost Agent step has warnings on Wed Oct 15 14:57:55 2008 : Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager.

please help me to resolve the issue as i get the same error.

Thanks in advance,

Mahesh Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

there are two possibility which cause this error. Please check the user SMDAGENT_<SID> in your managed system. Is the user maybe locked ? This could be happend because of problems with the standard password which the SMD gave the user - this password could be in password execption list of your system - so SMD tries to connect with a password which is not set in managed system.

Which SPS do you have. Have a look to the option "Initial password" in the Setup wizard, their you could change the password for the user SMDAGENT_<SID>. You could see the used password in the Setup Result -> Type "User" -> Communication user SMDAGENT_RDS (password=<your password>.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check Note 1265580 - WilyHost agent fails to connect to ABAP stack (bad password) for this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Note 1265580, aditya refers solves the problem for abap.

Regards

Sreekanth A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thanks for your help. But the problem with the ABAP systems was another problem, which is solved right now. The problem was the user SMDAGENT_<SID> in the ABAP system. You can set the initial passwords (optional) at the Agent Setup Wizard in SMD. For the user SMDAGENT_<SID> it is by default "init1234". These password was in our password exclusion table (ABAP), so the password could not be change in the ABAP system. So the password in the Agent Administration (Application Configuration) and the ABAP user store are different.

After I had change the initial password in the Setup Wizard Task, the problem was solved. For my opinion the password change should not be optional !!!

But the problem with the portal still exists. I have checked the umask, this was not the problem - every is ok with that. But I find a clue while checking the SMD Application logs. So the agent of the central instance tries to look on the files of the dialog instance backwards. For example from the portal with the instance JC01 the agent tries to read files from the portal with the instance J02 and backwards.....so it could be possible that I have to check the agent settings...

regards

patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me again. Please verify the EM configuration:

As work-around, run a self-check. The self-check implicitly forces a cache update which solves the problem. In detail:

1. Navigate to the self check: Diagnostics Administration --> Diagnostics System --> Self Check.

2. Activate the Expert Mode.

3. In the left table (System Selection), select any system.

4. In the right table (Group Selection), select Introscope EM.

5. Click "Start Self-Check".

6. Select "SolMan Configuration". The bottom table contains a check "EM JDBC" listing the configured EMs and the connection status. The cache should be updated now. If the connection parameters are configured correctly, the check status should be green.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and provide the log from SMD agent:

The error log available within the SMDAgent/log/SMDAgentApplication.x.log

Best regards

Mike

Edited by: Mike Rassbach on Jul 15, 2008 11:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have addition information about the Wily HostAgent problem. Here are some other alerts/warnigs from another SAP portal :

============================================================================

Jul 15, 2008 10:34:15 AM [Thread[SAP GC|FB7_J02_server3,5,main]] Error com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction - scanInitial(): scan for file /usr/sap/FB7/J02/j2ee/../work/std_server3.outterminated: /usr/sap/FB7/J02/j2ee/../work/std_server3.out (No such file or directory)

Jul 15, 2008 10:34:15 AM [Thread[SAP GC|FB7_J02_server3,5,main]] Error com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction - doRun(): Action temporarily stopped: SAP GC|FB7_J02_server3

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.TransientException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/FB7/J02/j2ee/../work/std_server3.out (No such file or directory)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction.handleError(AbstractAction.java:259)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction.scanInitial(GcScannerAction.java:391)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction.doRun(GcScannerAction.java:135)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction.run(AbstractAction.java:52)

at com.wily.EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:725)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/FB7/J02/j2ee/../work/std_server3.out (No such file or directory)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:204)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.GcScannerAction.scanInitial(GcScannerAction.java:372)

... 4 more

Jul 15, 2008 10:35:15 AM [Thread[Thread-364,5,main]] Warning com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction - run(): Action SAP GC|FB7_J02_server2 not running because status is WAITING_FOR_DESTINATION

Jul 15, 2008 10:35:15 AM [Thread[Thread-366,5,main]] Warning com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction - run(): Action SAP GC|FB7_J02_server1 not running because status is WAITING_FOR_DESTINATION

============================================================================