cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Req'd! - Table will not flow onto next page!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am currently doing some form design for a large SAP project in the UK and am having problems with getting a table on a remiitance advice form ive created to flow onto a new page.

currently my form is configured as follows:

- saved as a dynamic pdf.

- 2 master pages: the first containing text fields for form title, company logo, addresses, and a disclaimer at the bottom, page numbering, as well as a border created with rectangles. The second contains all of the above except the addresses.

- 1 body page: contains a subform set to flowed (top to bottom) which contains a table with header/data/footer rows. The data row is set to repeat data so as to expand when there is more than 1 dataset.

i have tried playing with content areas but they will not stay at the size to which i draw them and then cannot be manipulated afterwards, also i only have pagination settings available to me on the body page itself in the hierachy. the subform inside it, and the table inside that, have greyed out pagination settings.

finally the body page is set to positioned at present as setting it to flowed causes the subform containing the table to shoot to the top of the page!

The problem I am getting is that the table when containing lots of data just runs off the end of the page!!

Any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Edited by: Ryan Harris on Jul 3, 2008 1:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Please make sure that the data row subform is also set with Flowed Layout.

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

the datarow in my table does not appear to have a subform tab in the object window where this change can be made..., only row, pagination and binding! I've just tried adding a subform within the existing subform (that currently contains the table) and then dragging just the data row into it, but it looks like that is not a valid way of doing things!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically you can tell the bodypage to overflow to the second masterpage when it runs out of space.

On the bodypage properties that's done within the pagination tab.

Make sure that you enable the "Allow page breaks in contents" tickbox.

By the way, just wondering, how did you save the form as dynamic, since dynamic is only enabled in the SAP world by setting a dynamic/enabled flag.

If you are testing outside of sap in the LiveCycle designer you might want to close the file and then reopen it, after you saved it as dynamic. There's a nifty setting in the LiveCycle designer properties which enables you to create dynamic pages by default. It's in the LiveCycle Designer Options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Unfortunately it is the embedded version of livecycle within SAP. I used the Edit > Form Properties > Defaults tab and selected form type dynamic.

The flag however is interesting...I shall speak with one of the developers about whether that would have been set active and then post the outcome!

Optimistically if its not set active it might explain why certain settings, specifically pagination are greyed out on certain items in my hierachy!

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

In addition, as this is very new to the developers also, they are not certain of what/where the flag is. Do you have any directions on this?

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

The flag is explained in the following Thread:

For the DataRow, you need to check the 'Repeat row for each data item' property in the Pagination tab.

hope this helps,

harman