Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message displayed in F4 popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have following case:

The user triggers an action and get an application error message ( raised by using REPORT_T100_MESSAGE). Afterward the user selects an input feld and press F4 for value help.

The problem:

The error message displayed in the first view is also appeared in the F4-popup.

Need help to verhinder suppress it.

Best Regards

Feng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Feng,

this is the correct behaviour, as each window has a message area and the runtime don't know where the error message has to be shown. Use the parameter VIEW of the method REPORT_T100_MESSAGE and enter the name of the view where you want to see your message.

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rainer,

it works by giving the VIEW name to REPORT_T100_MESSAGE.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards

Feng

apachon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to display messages in the view of another component, how do I do?

A greeting.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feng,

If I am getting it right user is getting same error message when doing something independent of the error-causing action.

I think this as a flaw in ur code flow.

if u r checking for validation or smthng (which displays tht msg) in a hook method plz make sure tht it is nt getting called when u press F4.

This is just my perspective.

Please explain the scenario in more detail we might be able to help you then.

Regards,

sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Sumit,

it is the case that the same message is also displayed in the F4 popup which is nother to do with the first error message.

The problem I didn't programed the F4 in our application because it is the std. domain help. Pressing F4 is not registered as an action so I couldn't used the hook method such as WDDOBEFOREACTION to catch the call.

Best Regards

Feng