cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine's deploy service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have developed a Web application using EJB (Entity + Session bean), Command Bean as interface versus WD as View. The typical MVC model.

When deployng i encountered the follow error:

<i>Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application local/OrdineModelloWD and wait. Reason: Clusterwide exception</i>

Anyone have an idea about this? I will appreciate any type of suggestion.

tk, Vito

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem above is set as a warning from Net Weaver Dev. Studio. When I run the application I have this error in the browser:

<b>Application error occurred during request processing.

Details:</b> com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to start the deployable object 'local/OrdineModelloWD'. The ID of this error is

<b>Exception id: [000F202B550F0055000000E70000372900040920040E06CB].</b>

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is probably the clue:

<i>service:java.rmi.RemoteException:Error occurred while starting application local/OrdineModelloWD and <b>wait</b></i>.

Is your application needing to fetch remote information,on startup.Sometimes , when the time taken is too long,the whole process is abandoned.

If this is not the case,can you describe your application scenario in much greater detail.

Regards,

Harish

(Please award points for helpful answers)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here the details of my implementation:

- 2 table in the dictionary

- 2 entity mapping these table

- an EJB for the business logic as an application skeleton

- All descriptor set

- a Data Access Command Bean, this Bean is imported into the WB project using the JavaBean importer wizard

- a WD for the views

When I deploy the WD I have this error:

<i>30-dic-2005 9.52.11 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] WARNING:

[001]Deployment finished with warning

Settings

SDM host : lipots01

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/D:/DOCUME1/VITO1.PAL/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp19848OrdineModelloWD.ear

Result

=> deployed with warning : file:/D:/DOCUME1/VITO1.PAL/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp19848OrdineModelloWD.ear

Finished with warnings: development component 'OrdineModelloWD'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2005.12.30.09.50.53':Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application local/OrdineModelloWD and wait. Reason: Clusterwide exception: server ID 9258650:com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to prepare application ''local/OrdineModelloWD'' for startup. Reason=Clusterwide exception: Failed to start application ''local/OrdineModelloWD'': The referenced application ''sap.com/OrdineModelloEar'' can''t be started. Check the causing exception for details. Hint: Is the referenced application deployed correctly on the server? at com.sap.engine.services.webdynpro.WebDynproContainer.prepareStart(WebDynproContainer.java:1413) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepareCommon(StartTransaction.java:378) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepare(StartTransaction.java:326) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:299) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:301) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:110) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:212) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4586) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4493) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4466) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1163) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:294) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:183) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:119) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33) at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:95) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:160) (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment</i>

The issue is very URGENT. I hope in your help.

Vito.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

I had a similar problem, but that was becuase of one of the tablespace in the Oracle Database was full. I checked the deployment log found the tablespace name. I allocated more memory and the problem was solved.

Check the logs and trace after you deploy. It will give you the exact problem.

It can also be due to referenced DC's which are not available. There are 2 kinds of references in the sda/ear files.

For deploytime references: open the sda/ear file and take a look at the SAPManifest.MF in the section dependencies.

For runtime references: open the sda/ear file and open the contained wda file. In this take a look at portalapp.xml.

Then check the libraries and deployed DC's on your WAS to see if all the referenced libraries are available and the DC's are in Started State.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the xml you suggested but I have the above warning yet. I just don't known what can be, I have checked all the application and all seems right.

Using Log Viewer I saw the following error:

Error in processing data.

[EXCEPTION]

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe (errno:32)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAvailable(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.available(PlainSocketImpl.java:417)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.available(SocketInputStream.java:222)

at com.sap.engine.core.manipulator.TCPRunnableConnection.checkRead(TCPRunnableConnection.java:383)

at com.sap.engine.core.manipulator.TCPRunnableConnection.run(TCPRunnableConnection.java:551)

at com.sap.engine.core.manipulator.TCPRunnableConnection.runIfNotInProcess(TCPRunnableConnection.java:505)

at com.sap.engine.core.manipulator.ThreadManagerProxy.run(ThreadManagerProxy.java:93)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Please, I really need to solve the problem because it doesn't permit to me to go on.

Thanks, any help will be appreciated and awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vito,

What it says is that you are trying to launch the application "local/OrdineModelloWD"

but that application has declared that it needs the application "sap.com/OrdineModelloEar" which is either not deployed or not started.

What you could do is to launch the visual administrator, connect to the server and check the deploy tab for that

"sap.com/OrdineModelloEar". If it is not started --> start it manually, if it fails to start check for exceptions in the logs. If it is missing - then deploy its ear and check if it is being deployed correctly.

Here is a nice link if you don't know how to deploy/start/stop/monitor

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/25/1d353e39011a38e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Deploy service</a>

Btw, I am a little surprised that the application that is missing has name "sap.com/OrdineModelloEar" since usually sap.com is not a prefix I would expect to see from a custom application. Perhaps you may want to open manually that OrdlineModelloWD.ear (any zip tool should do it) and check manually the xml files inside it.

Best Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

I checked the log file and it seems to be a JDBC type problem. Indeed in the table some fields are TIMESTAMPs and in the Entity the same fields are java.util.Date. I think this is correct, but this seems to catch an error.

(Dates in the Session Bean are used like String and then converted to Date for the Entity Bean).

Here the log:

#1.5#000F202BD43E00230000000500005FDF0004097557CDA675#1136299495762#com.sap.engine.services.ejb##com.sap.engine.services.ejb#

###liposv01_PCD_3867850#Guest#4c54c2f07c6711dac2ed000f202bd43e#SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_62##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server

#Java#ejb_2006##The Java type of the cmp-field that is stored in column DATA_CREAZ_ORDINE, table ORDINE_MODELLO_TES does not

fit to the JDBC type TIMESTAMP of the column. The expected JDBC type is DATE. The acceptable JDBC types for the columns in wh

ich the cmp-fields of CMPBeans are stored are described in the O/R mapping requirements.#4#DATA_CREAZ_ORDINE#ORDINE_MODELLO_T

ES#TIMESTAMP#DATE#

#1.5#000F202BD43E00230000000600005FDF0004097557CDA76C#1136299495762#com.sap.engine.services.ejb##com.sap.engine.services.ejb#

###liposv01_PCD_3867850#Guest#4c54c2f07c6711dac2ed000f202bd43e#SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_62##0#0#Error#1#/System/Audit#

Java###Exception #1#com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.deployment.ORMappingVerificationException: The Java type of the

cmp-field that is stored in column DATA_CREAZ_ORDINE, table ORDINE_MODELLO_TES does not fit to the JDBC type TIMESTAMP of th

e column. The expected JDBC type is DATE. The acceptable JDBC types for the columns in which the cmp-fields of CMPBeans are s

tored are described in the O/R mapping requirements.

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.orMappingVerifier.CMPEntityVerifier.checkSingleColumn(CMPEntityVerifier.java:20

7)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.orMappingVerifier.CMPEntityVerifier.checkField(CMPEntityVerifier.java:162)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.orMappingVerifier.CMPEntityVerifier.check(CMPEntityVerifier.java:88)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.orMappingVerifier.AbstractSchemaVerifier.check(AbstractSchemaVerifier.java:90)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.EJBAdmin.prepareStart(EJBAdmin.java:2402)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepareCommon(StartTransaction.java:378)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepare(StartTransaction.java:326)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTrans

action.java:299)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:301)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.run(ParallelAdapter.java:73)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:74)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:141)

What do you thik about? Any solution? Thanks.

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the SAP example "Car Rental Application" (http://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webservices/using car rental web service with web dynpro.pdf)

in the table is used TIMESTAMP and the same field into Entity Bean is target as java.util.Date. This gives error! Hovewer the JDBC type suggested when you create a Timestamp field into table is java.util.Timestamp!!!! What is the right way to go ahead?

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vito,

As far as I know there is NO such thing as java.util.Timestamp, I am not sure how you came with that name. Perhaps it should be java.sql.Timestamp

The O/R mapping is described in the file persistent.xml. Check that yours is correct according to the documentation and fix your mapping .

Have a look at the O/R mapping rules:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/dbb2b66146934a9662918755038ea1/frameset.htm

How to administer / change the mapping :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9b/f695f0c84acf46a4e0b31f69d8a9b7/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/c9383eac02561ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

HTH

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please post the complete log message displayed.

Divakar