cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP-Sender Adapter ignores files with "known filenames"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

the scenario is FTP -> XI -> IDOC and we have problems with the polling of the files. In communication channel monitoring everything is working fine, but in the FTP folder some files are ignored, although the communication channel is set up for all *.txt-files.

My question is, is it possible that the FTP sender adapter ignores files, if it already has processed a file with the same filename? After renaming the files they all were picked up and archived into another folder. How can I configure the communication channel to pick up ALL *.txt-files in the out-folder?

Best regards

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Processing mode under processing parameters. If it is 'Archive' then the file attributes are set to 'A' once it is read. So it wont be read again unless replaced or archive attribute is manually removed. You can change the Processing mode to 'Delete' so that file is deleted once processed.

To read all text files, simply specify *.txt under File Name.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello both,

the processing mode is set to archive. How can I change the file attribute "A"? I thought the only change of the file was the time stamp in the filename. When i put files from the archive folder back to the out folder (the folder that is polled by the adapter) they are also processed a second time.

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

On your file server, just right click the file and and choose Properties. On the General tab see the checkbox next to 'Archive' under 'Attributes'. You can uncheck the checkbox to remove archived status.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use filezilla (FTP-Client) and can't find that attribute there. However I think that's not the reason because when I copy the archived files back, they are also processed! Only files with the same filename are not processed twice.

EDIT:

Additional information: We are using content-conversion in the scenario!

Regards,

David

Edited by: David Claes on Jul 3, 2008 10:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you remove the file from Archive folder, it will get reprocessed. However, if you simply copy the file from Archive folder to your working folder, it wont be reprocessed since it already exists in Archive folder.

If you want a file to be processed, a file with that name should not exist in the Archive directory.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer,

however I don't think, that it's the reason because I tried everything (move, copy, rename etc.) and the result is: everything is processed well, except 3 certain files. There is no archived version of those files and when I rename them, they are picked up imediatly.

Is it possible that XI refuses to take files with filenames that caused problems in the past?

For example if there occured problems with the file "test.txt" the adapter stops picking up files with this filename?

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

What I have observed is, XI always reads files in a certain order (possibly alphabetical or reverse alphabetical). If it finds a file in the source directory that already exists in the archive directory, it will not attempt to read/process the next file (even if the next filename is completely new).

So, if any of the files in the source directory exist in the archive directory, there is a possibility that certain files may get processed and certain wont.

Make sure that none of the files that you put in source directory exist in the archive directory (i.e. all the files are new) and see the output. Let me know if this helps.

PS: I used FTP protocol

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

thanks for your help, I will ask the admin of the sender system to assure that all files have unique names (sequential number or timestamp) to solve the problem. However, I still can't explain why files with certain filenames (which do NOT exist in the archive folder) are not processed.

Thanks und regards,

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I think the processing mode is set to test in the channel. If so make it delete or archive. If its test mode the file will be present even after the polling.

Regards,

Sanjeev.