Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config Issues in PI and Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am facing following problems with my scenario

1) When I try to create Configuration scenario in Integration Directory, I get the 'Internal Error- Cannot connect to Repository'

2)When I try to create Communication channel for B.System, I do not get anything in the 'Adapter type'. In the list pop up for adapter metadata, I get 'No objects found !' message.

I have imported the relevent SAP BASIS 7.0 SWC into Integration repository and cache is updated.

3)I just tested the RFC connection INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI, but it is giving me the error 'Internal server Error'

Do not knw how to solve these issue.

If you have faced these issues and have the solution, please share with me. Useful answers will be awarded with points.

Regards

Meeta and Amulya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

txs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumari,

Thanks a lot for your help. My major problem is solved.

I have awarded you for this.

I am facing another issue for my scenario.

my scenario is client proxy from ECC 6.0 to file system

I have created my configuration scenario with required object.

But when I run the proxy report I get the error:

Connectivity test- An error occurred when determining the business system (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

Looking forward for your help.

Thanks very much,

Meeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the followign program to test if your SAP system is configured properly to connect to XI Server...?

1.Check/maintain with report: SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS

2.Check with report SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION

3.Check with report SPROX_CHECK_IFR_RESPONSE

4.Check with report SPROX_CHECK_IFR_CONNECTION

Regards

Seshagiri

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Http destination in your R/3 system to XI system is working fine or not? Also check SLDCHECK in R/3 system and see if it is having any issues??

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi meeta nair

1) When I try to create Configuration scenario in Integration Directory, I get the 'Internal Error- Cannot connect to Repository'

ans)

Checking Integration Directory 􀃆Integration Server and

Integration Repository 􀃆 Integration Directory Communication

If an HTTP service is not running on the Integration Server, this can cause connection problems, which in turn can cause the notification of the cache on the Integration Server to fail. To check services, proceed as follows:

Start transaction SICF.

Choose default_host 􀃆 sap 􀃆 xi.

All services should be active,particularly the services cache and

cache_ssl.You can activate a service, bychoosing the corresponding option inthe context menu.

Start transaction SICF.

Choose default_host 􀃆 sap 􀃆 bc 􀃆ping (connection test) and then

choose Test service in the contextmenu of the entry.

A browser should then open,prompting a logon. If the browser

does not open, this indicates a possible problem with the HTTP

service of the SAP system and needs to be examined.

To log on, use your user for the Integration Directory service (see Section 4.7). If theuser and password are correct, an HTML page containing the following message isdisplayed: Server reached successfully. If you get an authorization error, youneed to check the user and password for the HTTP connection.Perform the check of the user name and password for the Integration irectory serviceuser by retyping the values as described in 4.7.Repeat the connection test in transaction SICF.The initial notification for mapping objects edited in the Integration Repository is started

from the Integration Repository. You therefore also need to check the connectionbetween the Integration Repository and the Integration Directory.Start a web browser and type in the following URL:

http://<host name>:<port>/dir/hmidiag/ext?method=info

(Host name and port can be determined from the SAP Exchange Infrastructure startpage.)

A logon dialog should be displayed. If it is not displayed, this indicates that theIntegration Repository (or even J2EE) is not running and needs to be started.

reward points if helpfull

regards

kumamri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi meeta

*2)When I try to create Communication channel for B.System, I do not get anything in the 'Adapter type'. In the list pop up for adapter metadata, I get 'No objects found !' message.*

*I have imported the relevent SAP BASIS 7.0 SWC into Integration repository and cache is updated.*

check the imp blog

*Adapter Engine cannot be found in Integration Directory*

Trye reimporting your SWCV SAP BASIS 6.40 if netweaver 2004 or SAP BASIS 7.00 if netweaver 2004s.

If doing this, you don't have the adapters, is because *.tpz files that contain definitions and SAP demos is not availbale. Ask your BASIS team to put the necessary files into correct folders so you can import them and have adapters.

look at OSS note 81792.

*3)I just tested the RFC connection INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI, but it is giving me the error 'Internal server Error'*

*Do not knw how to solve these issue.*

*If you have faced these issues and have the solution, please share with me. Useful answers will be awarded with points.*

ans)

This error only you should get when you test. Check this document (Point 23 and 24). An HTTP return code 500 (Internal Server Error)indicates that everything is okay.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0332b2a-eb97-2910-b6ba-dbe52a01...

In the INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI RFC destination,

technical settings--

1.Target Host -- > give the complete host name

2. Service No --> Java Stack Port

3.Path Prefic --> /dir/CacheRefresh

Log On and Security--

use should be your XIISUSER.

After setting this, try a test connection and you should get a HTTP return message of code 500.

For more take a look at page 14 ( section 4.4 ) of this document,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1a69ea11-0d01-0010-fa80-b47a7930...

regards

kummari