cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Margins in Smart Forms/Page Formats

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay I have completed all my forms by rendering out all the data and now need to adjust the style to my liking. One issue that I am having is understanding the margins of a smartform and how they are defined? From what I have researched, the page formats are defined in T-code SPAD where the width and height of the page is set. However, I don't understand where the margins are determined.

I have placed a window that contains a table at x-position 0 with the width of the window and table the full page width (DINA4 = 210mm). In print preview, the document renders out fine with the table row stretching from end to end, but when I actually print it there is a 7mm left margin and a 10mm right margin, which cuts off the end of my table row.

So my question is, where are these margins set? Or is this because I have not/did not configure my printer settings correctly to communicate with the printer correctly? Once again I would like to reiterate that my print preview works correctly but the print output does not.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can adjust the Margin by setting left Margin for your windows. For instance, to have a left margin of 2 CM, maintain the Left Margin of all the windows in all pages to 2 CM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

select any widow and go to output options

u can give right margin and left margin..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, when I meant x-position at 0 I meant the "left margin" parameter set to 0.

Is there a page format margin or is it just the printer's limitations. I just want the printer to print what the print preview shows, but it is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly u cant set the margins without seeing the printout of the form, because there are some little bit changes in the margins after seeing real printout.

u can do margin settings through styles and assigned that paragraph/character format to the code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay from what you just said, translated to simple terms is pretty much: You cannot set the margins of the ACTUAL printout.

Here are my current settings:

Page format = LETTER

Left margin of all windows = 0.0

Window width = 21.00cm

device type = LX4039 (Lexmark Optra T616)

On the print preview The tables are left justified with no left margin, and there is a right margin that appears to be 8mm wide. This is great if it actually printed this.

When I actually print it though, I get this output:

Left margin of all windows = 7mm

Right margin of all windows = 5mm

All windows that were on the right side of my document are cut off early and the tables only have a width of about 20.7cm.

I could shrink my tables to make them fit but then they will not look centered, and I am trying to make every aspect of this form as professional as possible since our customers will see them. Can anyone fix or acknowledge that there is no setting I can alter to fix this?