cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE server not coming up plz help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to EP.While deploying EAR into portal unkowingly entered 3 times wrong password for SDM.

Now J2EE server is not coming up.I changed SDM password thru command line.I even changed admin password thru config tool .

still server is not coming up.Do I need to uninstall and install portal again? or is there any possible solution for this.

If I have to uninstall what all the things I need to do apart from deleting c:/usr/sap.

Please help me guys.

Regs,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

your J2EE should start without problems even if you have problems with SDM? You can even disable the starup of your SDM and your J2EE will start and run anyway!

Are you sure your J2EE is not starting or is it just the SDM process?

The SDM will be stopped when you enter a wrong password. This is a security feature. You will have to restart the SDM (either from command line) or using JCMON.

Are you on Windows or UNIX.

Try starting JCMON and see which processes are up and running. If your engine is really

down try to have a look at the tracefiles and see if there are any hints or post some of the output here!

Try to check for running processes. (Windows: use MMC), UNIX ps -ef | grep <sidadm> or ps -ef | grep jlaunch. There should be a jlaunch process for yout dispatcher, every single node on your server and your SDM (if running)

Let me know if you have further questions

Hope this helps (Please reward if helpful)

Cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today server came up without doing anything..

anyways Thank you guys for ur help.

Regs,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just restart the server.The J2ee engine will start.

The J2ee engine starting is not related to SDM.we can disable the SDM also. It won't affect the Java engine.

Check , the database is up and running.while restarting start the database and server separately. and check all the services are up and running.

Please paste the log files and traces.It would help us to identify the exact problem.

Regards,

Bala.