cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which scenarios restrict backend instance(s) to connect to one SolMan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a landscape design that would include Dev and Prod SolMan systems, each with an SLD feeding the respective SolMan.

The Prod SLD would also get a bridge connection from the DEV SLD so that all the systems in the entire landscape will be visible to the Prod SolMan. This will aid in CHaRM, CTS+, Diagnostics, etc. But for scenarios like service desk, the back end systems also require a connection TO the SolMan.

My question is - which scenarios specifically require the back end systems have a defined SolMan RFC? I know a lot of the scenarios have SolMan making the outbound call to the back end, in which case we can test scenarios in both Dev and Prod SolMan more flexibly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I am not sure if I have got your question right - landscape related discussions are better understood with diagrams, and I can understand the limitations of posing such questions in Text format

Implementation and Upgrade is a scenario which requires defined SolMan RFC and within that, it could be READ, BACK, TRUSTED categories. You need TRUSTED connection if you plan to use 'Customising Distribution' functionality.

More details are available in the [Security Guide |https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700007187872005E/Secu_Guide_SM_70_SP16.pdf]from SAP.

Regards,

Srini

Answers (0)