cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Publisher:Layout server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

When i try to open MDM Publisher it asks me for Layout server ..Please can anyone tell me what is it..Do i need to download it from any where... It shows list of server (including my laptp) and when i select it ..it just comes back...

So whats this Layout server( I have already gone thorugh the thread thats in SDN)..,.....and from wher can i download this....

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the path as:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/swdc --->SAP Software Distribution Center ->Download->Support Packages and Patches->click on Entry by Application Group->(then follow path) Support Packages and Patches-> SAP NetWeaver-> SAP MDM->SAP MDM 5.5->Layout Server

then to MDM LAYOUT SERVER 5.5 -> Win32 then download as per your MDM5.5SP5 or MDM5.5SP6

or For downloading MDM5.5SP6 you can find by writing MDMLS55006P_2-10003461.ZIP in search for all categories

For this you have valid Authorization on Service Market Place to download Layout server.

Note: After installing Layout Server, Must Start its services before opening MDM Publisher.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Found Useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mandeeep,

Rewarded full points..

Cheers!!!

Vikrant ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

We are also facing the same problem. Could you please let me know that what all stuff do you need to open MDM publisher. We have MDM publisher, MDM layout server and MDM Serevr installed. But still when we try to open Publisher it asks for layout server and goes back as you said.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

You can refer to Mandeeps message above..Although i have not tried ..But i feel its right one ...

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi actually, MDM 5.5 used layout server will work when your repository is up and running and when you mention the repository credntials while login see to that you already have mentioned in repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai ,

That was not clear enough..Can you just explian me in detail?

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We did do all the steps but the issue is still the connectivity . MDM Layout server is sitting on different windows box and when we try to open the publisher and we put the IP of this server so that thers a link created between Publisher and Windows MDM publisher server..OOOOOOFFFFFFFF still the issue persisits ..

Any points that i must have missed/skipped..Any setting in console OR SO...please let me know..

Regards..

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

First try to ping the machine on which Layout server is installed to check whether the machine is accessible to you. Login into the machine on which layout server is installed and ON the Service MDM Layout Server. Now try to connect the MDM Publisher with that of Layout server by passing the IP Address of that machine.

Also check one more thing. Install MDM Publisher on the same machine with that of Layout server and check from there whether both MDM Server and Layout Server are accessible or not.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh ,

Thanks for ypour reply ..Tried both of your options still the problem persista ..Layout server screen keeps on popping back ..Its just frustating ..

Thanks agiain Jitesh

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Have you tried second option i.e. Install MDM Publisher and Layout Server in the same machine and try to connect. If it is not able to connect then there might be version mismatch and if it is able to connect then there will be some network issue between the machines.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

..Layout server screen keeps on popping back

When you open MDM Publisher, you will get a Pop-up window from where you have to Select MDM Layout Server from available Windows Servers , but you could able to select any Window Server only if the services MDM layout is started on that Window server. Or if you have installed MDM Layout server Locally on your Desktop then start the Layout services which will able you to connect MDM Publisher with your Layout Server.

Go to Start->Run->services.msc--->MDM Layout Servr 5.5 ( Start the Service)

Hope it Will Help you,

Thanks,

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for your reply..

I am trying but no success ..Just a question We have MDM installed on AIX while Layout server is on WIndows box.

Is that causing a problem? I think theres some link missing as to why this popup comes back...

Regards.

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Yes this can be the issue why dont you try both on same platform and check whether they are able to communicate or not.

Also Vikrant if you are able to ping the machine on which Layout server is installed it doesn't mean you can connect it there can be a port problem and i am also facing the similar port issue.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on Sep 16, 2008 12:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue Resolved..

Thanks to all for your help ..

I dont know i think it was some version issue..so from 5.5.63.64 we are now on 5.5.63.57..Thisis what our Basisi team has found out..

Aslo i had to save the layout server IP on host file..

Thanks once agin for all you valuable inputs..

Highly appreciated..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

MDM Publisher needs layout server for its operations. Layout server is available with the MDM Installables only and you can download it from the Service Market place.

Install the Layout Server and start it through Start -> Control Pannel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> MDM Layout Server right click on it and start it.

Now when you open MDM Publisher it wont ask you about Layout Server. By default it takes the local server.

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

We are facing this from for a long time. Can you please explain what all steps do we need to follow to get MDM Publisher run.

It would be great if you can provide me with your contact number or if you can contact me on 09890005974. I am based in Pune, Maharashtra.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

If you have already installed Layout Server then you before using MDM Publisher you need to first ON the service of MDM Layout server.

Go to Control Pannel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> MDM Layout Server and start it.

Now next time when you open MDM Publisher it wont ask you for the Layout server.

Note: MDM Server, MDM Publisher and MDM Layout Server should be of same version.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja