cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nova Look for WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anybody know when the Nova look is going to be available for WebDynpro for ABAP?

Do you have any information on the topic?

Thank you,

Anna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

Where can i find more information on the new features?

Is it available for an internal use already? What do i need, to try it out the new features for WebDynpro for ABAP/Java (i am currently using WebDynpro for ABAP 700 SP14 - do i have to upgrade the system)? Is there a way to get just the new look to my current environment (may be upload the CSS)?

Thank you again, Anna

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Since you are SAP internal as well - lets take this discussion off line. Nothing really to hide, but then I can send you internal portal links. For prosperity however - Nova has actually been renamed and will be called Signature now that it is beginning to ship to customers. Customers have the Signature design already in NetWeaver Business Client Version 1.0. We showed it for the SAPGUI at Sapphire and that will ship to customers later this year. The minor changes to Web Dynpro around Signature will be released in Q3 2008 as well in the NetWeaver Update we had been calling NetWeaver Enhancement Package 1. I'm not sure that naming will be final - as it might cause confusion between the ERP enhancement packages (different technology).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Do you happen to know if the new Signature design will be delivered for EP7.0 as part of Netweaver EhP1, and whether it will simply show up as another portal theme?

And for SAPGUI will it be delivered via Netweaver EhP1, a new patch version of GUI 7.10, or both?

Regards,

John

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

On the portal question; I really don't know. I will have to check with my colleagues that cover the portal topic.

For the SAPGUI, all you need is a new version of the SAPGUI itself. The theme is completely client side. SAP is currently testing the new theme internally with SAPGUI 7.1 Patch 7 and higher. Once the internal testing is completed, it will roll out to customers via a SAPGUI patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, it will be very useful to know how the portal version will be delivered.

For anyone else following this topic, you can get a sneak preview of the new UI here: http://www.sapdesignguild.org/resources/New_Visual_Design_for_SAP_Products_External.pps

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I heard back from my portal colleague over night. The new collaboration portal in EnhP1 will have the Signature look - included the L-Frame navigation. The main portal however has NOT yet received the update to Signature or the L-Frame as of 7.0 EnhP1.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The Nova look is more for the Portal/NetWeaver Portal/SAPGUI. The themeing of Nova is designed a lot around how Web Dynpro already looks today. So don't expect big differences to Web Dynpro itself. However the slightly revised look (but completely rewritten for performance and new AJAX features) version of the Unified Renderer will be available soon - Q3 2008.