cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a few doubts about SLD Bridge, I need to do a bridge between 2 SLD's, I've been reading the documentation about it, and I know where to configure it, but what about as an example with Business Systems, I mean I have for example a BS_QAS1 in SLD1, and I have configured in SLD1 a Bridge to an SLD2, if I need a Business System in SLD2 for BS_QAS1 how do I doit, is automatically visible?, I've been reading about that Business System Information is not reportable in this automatic way, is this true?, and in another examples what about Technical Systems? if I have in SLD1 TS_SYS1, and I need it in SLD2, I have the bridge but I can't see it in Technical Systems area for SLD2, then how does this work?? I want to believe that when doing the bridge SLD1 reports information about landscape to SLD2 so I could see this technical systems in SLD2, maybe I'm understanding wrong the concept, can anyone clarify me this points?, cause I'm a little lost in here, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

SLD Bridge is the open Port where one one side its connected to SLDs (SLD1, SLD2 ...etc) and on another side its linked with corresponding Data supplier.

If you have installed multiple SLD servers (for example, for security purposes), the SLD bridge can be configured to send data to each of these servers. In the figure above, one SLD server has been installed locally and multiple SLD servers have been installed remotely.

The SLD bridge converts the system data that is sent by the SLD data suppliers to the SLD server into a CIM-compliant format.

The data between the SLD data suppliers of ABAP-based systems and the SLD bridge is exchanged by means of an RFC connection. Therefore, you have to configure an SAP gateway service. We recommend that you use a local gateway.

Refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/8a/361fb70681234fb7d3af841ec2383e/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/da21ba13660aa5e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarup with your help I just solved my problem and now I understand about de SLD Bridge