cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program not registered error after inactivity with .NET connector server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a program, running as a windows service that implements an RFC function. Upon starting the service everything works fine but after (what seems) an amount of inactivity the program loses it's registration with SAP (I can go to the node and do a connection test and it fails "ERROR: program * not registered"). Again, everything works just fine initially and seems to fail a few minutes later.

Is there some type of server timeout that is causing the registered program to expire? I have written unix rfc programs before and have not run into this problem, the registered program stays active until unregistering.

This is how I create the server:

host = new SAPServerHost();
server = new SAPProxy1Impl(scs, host);
host.Start();

Am I missing something? Is there some timeout parameter I can set to make the program persist? If not, is there some way I can better troubleshoot this issue? Perhaps find what error may be causing the program to fail?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add some more information, I implemented the SAPServerHost class so I could add some logging to the OnServerException method. I guess the good news is that I can catch the exception, the bad news is that I don't know what it means exactly. This is the stack trace:

CPIC-CALL: 'SAP_CMACCPTP'

LOCATION SapRouter on sap.xxx.com

ERROR connection to partner broken

TIME Wed Jul 2 17:17:07 2008

RELEASE 620

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 36

RC -95

MODULE niuxi.c

LINE 1211

DETAIL NiPRead (194.117.106.130/3297)

SYSTEM CALL recv