cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_PD_GETHISYTORY fm not refresh correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a web dynpro program calling u201CBBP_PD_GETHISTORYu201D, if I navigate the web dynpro program and calling the function module different times. At same time, if I changed the data for a document, the data is not refreshed correctly.

For example, from web dynpro program -> FM u2018BBP_PD_GETHISTORYu2019 return shopping cart value.

Then, I changed the value or quantity on the shopping cart.

From the web dynpro application -> call fm again.

Still return old value.

( If I run debug, using the same parameter from above to call FM in se37, it return right data).

If I bring up another session (url, or refresh), return correct data.

I run debug for both conditions, for the fm, they are same parameter.

This program get shopping cart and purchase order. Purchase order is able to return correct data, if there is change on the po.

What can be wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> I have a web dynpro program calling u201CBBP_PD_GETHISTORYu201D, if I navigate the web dynpro program and calling the function module different times. At same time, if I changed the data for a document, the data is not refreshed correctly.

>

> For example, from web dynpro program -> FM u2018BBP_PD_GETHISTORYu2019 return shopping cart value.

> Then, I changed the value or quantity on the shopping cart.

> From the web dynpro application -> call fm again.

> Still return old value.

> ( If I run debug, using the same parameter from above to call FM in se37, it return right data).

>

> If I bring up another session (url, or refresh), return correct data.

>

> I run debug for both conditions, for the fm, they are same parameter.

>

> This program get shopping cart and purchase order. Purchase order is able to return correct data, if there is change on the po.

>

> What can be wrong?

How are you updating the data in the middle of your application. Are you calling a commit work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not update the data in code.

1. User run my web dynpro application. -> result set.

2 user go to total different transction with differnt screen, change shopping cart. ( bring up new browser)

3. User back to my application, back to selection screen, rerun the report. The data is not refreshed. Still old data.

The internal result table is cleared before calling the fm. All the selection node is invalide in the web dynpro.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you debugged the output of the Function Module call in step 3. Do you get the new data or still the old. If you get new data, but don't see it then there must be a problem with your context update logic.

Now on the other hand if the function module still returns the old data - then this doesn't seem like it is really a Web Dynpro question. To help you someone would have to know more about the inner workings of that particular Function module. Does the screen in Step 2 commit the data right away? Does it use a V2 update? etc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

From step 3. I get the old data .

The function module is sap standard function. Wonder it is reading from cache.

Step 2 is not with the program. If I restart the program, or refresh, data return correctly.