cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put file from a legacy system to SAP through FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to put one file which will be comming from legacy system to a folder of application server of the SAP system through xi.The protocol i want to use is FTP.

But im not sure about the configuration to be done for putting the file directly to SAP app server.

Anybody having idea what configuration i need to do in the SAP side to put the file into the app server directly through FTP.

Thanks

Debraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

regards

christina

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaik Rayeezuddin has faced similar kind of issues!!

if Shaik Rayeezuddin is watching this topic and he has got some solution my request to him pls provide me suggestions

Thanks

Debraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rashmi

But i want to know for puting the file into the folder in SAP server what all detail i need to know?

Is that only the ip addess of the SAP server and userid and password of it?

Thaks

Debraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for sucha early reply.

But my receciving system where i am going to put file is SAP server.So if i want to put the file in the app server of the SAP system what all things i need to know for SAP system so that i can FTP the file there

Thanks

Debraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debraj,

You just need to know the folder where you want to put the file,then you will have to decide the name and construction mode of the file.

Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I want to put one file which will be comming from legacy >>system

u could use a sender file/ftp adapter for pulling the file from the legacy system

>>But im not sure about the configuration to be done for >>putting the file directly to SAP app server.

Here you can use a reciever file/ftp adapter. All you need to know is the following

Server : Enter the host name or IP address of the FTP server.

Port : Specify the port number of the FTP server. The default is the standard port for the FTP server (21).

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

If you want to put a file manually then you can use tools like WS_FTP. Here you need to know the host name of the server to which you are going to put the file, user name and password at unix level for the folder where you are going to put the file and also this user id should be provided with the read, write and delete access for this folder. Once you have done that then you can use the above mentioned tool and put the file from any of your local folder.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debraj,

<i>Anybody having idea what configuration i need to do in the SAP side to put the file into the app server directly through FTP</i>

You mean File Adapter parameters or you mean Application server config??????.If you are talking abt the APP server the folder to which you are goin to write should have write permission .thats all.

If you are talking abt the File adapter parameters you must specify the FTP server ,port(21),login ID/Pass and connect mode

Cheers,

Rashmi