cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with charset encoding using sender JMS channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are connecting an AS400/WebSphere, with SAP via XI (PI7.0), by means of JMS adapter.

Situation: we are sending a message through a JMS sender channel from WebSphere to XI.

The problem occurs if the message has special characters (like client name). The contents of the XI message became wrong on those characters (they are replaced by '#'), sending invalid information to SAP.

The character set CCSID of the WebSphere is 00037.

Can anyone help me on overcoming this problem?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the CCSID is 037. Could you put that value in JMS channel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCSID_37

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CCSID sent by websphere is in fact 037, but it seems not to be acepted in SAP. Filling the field <CCSID for non ASCII chars> in the sender channel with 037, still doesn't work.

One thing curious is that when seeing the payload from the adapter message in MONI (before any mapping), it seems to be right.

thanks.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of mapping do you use?

Is the payload wrong after the mapping?

Where do you send that message to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Stefan,

>> What kind of mapping do you use?

We are using a graphical mapping that maps the incoming message to an IDOC message definiton.

>> Is the payload wrong after the mapping?

The mapping ends with success and the payload is well formated, but the content of the final message is wrong (just on the special chars) (ex: the ã is replaced by #).

>> Where do you send that message to?

The message is an IDoc that is send to SAP:

best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Can you see that character in XI after the mapping or in the target system? If in the target than please verify your logon language.

/wg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see it in XI. On the source message (from the JMS adapter) the chars are well formated. In the target they become wrong formated.

Answers (0)