cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuated vs non-Valuated Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one doubt. Non-valuated stock does not show the plan costs for materials and it does not create financial records for any of the goods movements. Also, the only time the cost is ever realzed is when the WBS element is debited with actual costs. My doubt is, in what situation you would want to use non-valuated stock? Is there any scenario where you would want to use it? Also, if the material costs are not taken into account for planning, how will you do sales pricing, billing plan or invoice plan (for procuring the material), results analysis - POC methods?

Any light thrown on these questions will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In both cases valuated and non valuated stocks cost comes on the project.

in case of valuated stock, stock has got a value, cost does not come on project on Goods receipt but it comes on consumption of material on project (281 Q movement).

In case of non valuated stock, stock does not have a value(ie inventory has no value) therefore actual cost appears on project as soon as Goods receipt is done.

So in case of non valuated stock also -- POC will be actual/planned. ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Thanks for the quick response. Please look at the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4c/227bdb46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

In case of non-valuated project stock, externally procured material's cost is posted to the project immediately on goods receipt (or invoice receipt, if the goods receipt is not valuated).

However, the values from activity/material consumption during in-house production do not hit the project until the period-end processing is run at which time the production order is settled to the WBS element.

Please let me know if you have additional comments.

Regards,

Venkat.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is reg actual cost of prod order it can be settled using ko88 much before the period ends.